- Kashoo is known for its simple, accessible, accurate, organized, and secure approach to dealing with business bookkeeping.
- Create, customize, and send professional invoices to your clients in a snap, and easily sync bank accounts and transactions with Kashoo. Also, their bank-reconciliation feature is available in over 5,000 banks worldwide.
- Collaborating with employees, business partners, or your accountant is easy! Kashoo enables permission-based sharing so you’re able to work together securely.
- Kashoo is cloud-based software, so it’s compatible with any web browser and device, and you can download the mobile app for on-the-go access.
- You don’t have to worry about information being lost or copied, because Kashoo delivers bank-level encryption, automatic backups, and PIN/Touch ID mobile security to ensure data stays safe.
- Kashoo tracks through real-time reports – income, expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc., complemented with plenty of integrated apps to help you with anything from payroll to invoicing.
- Tracking expenses is easy. Just take a picture of the receipt and enter it into your account. Kashoo generates all the reports you need, from accounts receivable to profit and loss— giving you tools to lead you to better business decisions.
- Through Kashoo’s quick-entry feature, you’ll be able to enter any data in just one click and survey it all at once on your screen.
- Because Kashoo’s cloud-based, some people feel it’s a drawback that it’s inaccessible if there’s no internet connection. The mobile app includes an offline version, but you’ll need to wait for a connection to sync your data.
- At this point, Kashoo’s mobile app doesn’t have all the features of its web-based program. To be fair, this is somewhat common in the industry.
- Kashoo isn’t designed for midsize to large enterprise businesses. If you have extensive needs, look into an alternative like Xero.
- Kashoo isn’t the most comprehensive accounting software on the market. It may lack features your specific business needs, so do your research to get a full understanding of its capabilities before diving in.
Kashoo’s pricing structure is as straightforward as they come: one level, one tier, one price. You either pay $19.95 per month, or you can get a 20% discount with an annual plan.
Plus, you can give it a spin for two weeks through a free trial that’s fully-stacked with all the Kashoo’s feature in the screenshot below without having to hand over your credit card.
Standard Package = $19.95/mo
Unlike most of the companies in this industry, Kashoo does away with the tiered pricing structure and offers a complete package to all of it’s customers for a singular flat fee. For $19.95 a month, you’ll have access to their complete list of features, including:
- Create, edit & send invoices
- Manage expenses
- Process payments for a small fee per transaction
- View reports based on recorded data
- Bank reconciliation
- Mobile app support
- Multi-user capabilities
- Multi-currency support
We recommend this package if you don’t want to fuss with packaging as your business grows. One of the big bonuses of this type of packaging is that you have a complete suite of features from the get-go that can help you both at the very beginning, as well as a ways down the road.
For the most part, Kashoo’s customers enjoy the user-friendly interface, but they gripe about the lack of advanced features. Again, Kashoo strikes a balance between providing enough for simplified accounting without bogging down their approach, but If you need lots of advanced features consider Xero or even FreshBooks.
But while they don’t have the volume of customer reviews that these two have gathered over the years, the vast majority that we’ve found have been extremely positive. It’s clear that while they don’t have everything, what they do have, is well done and easy to use.
Customer Reviews as of: 8-23-2017
- GetApp: 4.8/5, 49 votes
- Capterra: 5/5, 49 reviews
Overall, a good portion of their users consider Kashoo’s training unmatched, with free unlimited customer support, webinars, and Kashoo U. They also enjoy being able to use unlimited active clients and multiple users, which you won’t find with every other accounting software out there.
Kashoo’s user base is into the hundreds of thousands, so they’re definitely a legitimate alternative to titans like QuickBooks and Xero. Xero and QuickBooks offer more advanced features and may require additional training and setup time, while Kashoo takes just a day to get started.
They’re also applauded as one of the most streamlined accounting software solutions, ideal for solopreneurs/freelancers and small startups. Their 14-day free trial is nice, but the payment-processing functionality needs work.
We’ve put them up against one of these titans, to see exactly how they fair against the competition. Xero has been a huge favorite for small businesses and entrepreneurs for several years now, making it an ideal company to compare Kashoo’s accounting software to.
Pricing: Xero and Kashoo do pricing pretty differently, so it’s easier to spot some opportunities for savings. For a full suite of services, Kashoo’s platform is pretty cost effective, especially with all of the training and educational material you receive on top of their regular accounting tools.
If you’re looking for basics though, Xero offers their introductory package for $9 a month, which is considerably cheaper than Kashoo.
Features: When it comes to features, Xero has almost every other top accounting software beat out. They offer tons of features including sought after tools like payroll and estimates. Kashoo on the other hand, is a little bit limited in the number of features, but the features that they do have are pretty well loved among users.
Customer Support: Kashoo does have an emphasis on customer support and educational material. Along with phone, email and live chat support, they’ve also got hundreds of articles available on every aspect of their software that you can use as a reference.
Their approach is similar to Xero in this way, who also focuses a lot of their customer support efforts on providing answers directly on their website so you don’t spend 30 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone.
Businesses Served So Far: Kashoo’s users are in the hundreds of thousands, so they are a smaller company than titans like Xero, who has over 1 million. They are growing steadily though, so we're excited to see how they progress.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $9/month
1 million+ users
Perfect for: Anyone needing affordable, comprehensive & flexible accounting software
Pricing Starts at $19.95/month
Perfect for: Anyone needing an easy & user-friendly accounting software that has incredible customer support
Do I really need accounting software?
I guess the answer to that mostly depends on your spreadsheet skills. With accounting software like Kashoo, it’s much easier to track expenses and keep financial records of business activities. All data is stored in one cloud-based storage place so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and you can quickly refer back to it and see how your business is doing at a glance.
Are there any hidden fees?
Nope, and there’s even a flat pricing structure! You’ll always pay the same rate. In fact, many active users claim that because of this feature, Kashoo is the best value for any software they’ve used when their client base and number of expenses, transactions, and accounts increase.
Will Kashoo replace my need for an accountant?
No, it just allows you to take more control over your financial records and simplify your processes. Software like Kashoo also allows you to tie in external accounts, automate and streamline your payments and recurring bills, and collect payment so you don’t have to worry about individual inputs or sifting through each receipt come tax time.
How secure is Kashoo?
Kashoo ensures three things when it comes to your security: no unauthorized access, that your data will be available when you need it, and that you can export your own data. Their servers are both digitally and physically secured and monitored to ensure information is airtight, and they keep backups. But in case you prefer to keep your own backup files, you can easily export your data into Excel at any time.
After putting Kashoo to the test and seeing how it stacks up in various areas, I’d give them a solid 4.4 out of 5. While they’re still relatively new, customers really seem to love their set up, and they offer one of the most inclusive packaging in the business. If you’d like to learn more about Kashoo, or check out some of the other companies in our Top 7 Online Accounting Services guide, click either of the links below. Cheers!