Incorporate.com Pros & Cons
- Their Corporate Compliance Guarantee means that if they make a mistake with any of your document filings, they’ll either fix it or pay you up to $75,000 to resolve the issue.
- Incorporate.com originated as “The Company Corporation”, which opened way back in 1899. Needless to say, their longevity in the industry is totally unmatched.
- Like most companies in this field, they have an online learning center. Unlike many of their competitors, though, theirs includes far more webinars, ebooks, and even a document library.
- They protect their website using McAfee Secure, which scans for malware and encrypts your private data.
- There are much cheaper registered agent alternatives out there. At $235 per year, their annual fee is more than double what many providers charge.
- Customer reviews aren’t their strong suit. We’ve found about 100 reviews online, and they’re largely negative.
Incorporate.com Registered Agent Pricing & Features
As I mentioned, Incorporate.com prices their registered agent services at a premium rate. In fact, at $235, it’s among the most costly online registered agent service available. That said, let’s take a look at what they have to offer.
So what does all that money get you? Like any registered agent service, they’ll be responsible for receiving any litigation documents or government notices directed toward your company, and then delivering those documents to you in a timely, safe and private manner.
The feature that sets them apart from the competition is the $75,000 Corporate Compliance Guarantee, which is a major layer of added protection that makes it easy to trust Incorporate.com.
Customer feedback is not Incorporate.com’s strongest attribute. Of their 100+ reviews, only a handful are positive.
Considering they’ve served over 750,000 people, this isn’t a very large sample size, so we can assume that they have plenty of satisfied customers out there. Still, this obviously raises some eyebrows. Take a look at their rating breakdown below.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 10-23-17
- Yelp: 2/5 stars, 33 reviews
- BBB.org: 3.68/5 stars, 13 reviews and 77 complaints
- FitSmallBusiness: 2/5 stars, 11 reviews
How Incorporate.com Compares
When it comes to registered agent services, some providers simply offer greater value than others. Still, no single provider is the perfect choice for every entrepreneur. The goal here is to figure out which one hits the sweet spot of necessary criteria for your business.
Incorporate.com’s longevity as a company and their Corporate Veil guarantee are two major selling points, but it’s always a good idea to see what the competition is offering before making a decision. Let’s see how they compare to my personal favorite, Northwest Registered Agent.
Pricing: Northwest Registered Agent’s fee is $125 per state for service in up to 3 states. For the 4th through 9th states they charge $115, and $100 for every state after that. Clearly this is significantly lower than Incorporate.com’s $235 price point.
Features: While they don’t offer a Corporate Compliance Guarantee like Incorporate.com, Northwest Registered Agent does include immediate notifications and local scanning of all documents.
Customer Support: Northwest Registered Agent has earned a positive reputation for their top-rate support. Their knowledgeable professionals are always ready to handle your questions. Incorporate.com’s customer support representatives are also friendly and easy to get ahold of, but they aren’t quite as knowledgeable in my experience.
Experience: Again, Incorporate.com has technically been around since way back in 1899, an experience advantage no other provider can match. Northwest Registered Agent isn’t the new kid on the block either, though, as they’ve been in business since 1998.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Act As My Own Registered Agent?
What Happens If I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Should You Use Incorporate.com?