Being two of the largest and most long standing companies in the industry, Incorporate.com and InFile share a number of common features. This includes:
1) Experience: IncFile has helped over 150,000 business and Incorporate.com has been in the game for over a century, so you can feel confident in their ability to help you file all your documentation.
2) A+ BBB Ratings: they’ve passed a rigorous 14-step checklist, which assesses their platform from all angles.
3) Learning Centers: includes fun free tools like live webinars, free ebooks and informative guides.
4) Ongoing Support: While neither has Live Chat, their email and phone support are speedy.
5) Registered Agents: Available through some of their packages, for example IncFile provides the first year free in their basic formation package.
6) Compliance: Both companies have automated systems to keep you updated and compliant over time.
7) Affordability: Lots of package flexibility, and depending on your ideal setup you can pick and choose your features so you only pay for what you need.
While there quite a few similarities between these two companies, their operations and offerings can differ quite a bit. This is partially because they work on different sides of the spectrum, so to speak.
IncFile has been around for 13 years, which seems significant, but is actually a drop in the budget compared to Incorporate.com’s 115 years. Incorporate.com’s progress has steadily increased and taken on different identities. IncFile, on the other hand, exploded relatively quickly.
Below are some important differences:
- During your first year with IncFile, you’ll have free access to their Registered Agent Service, who will walk you through every step of the process and keep you compliant throughout the year. (Avail their free Registered Agent service here)
- Within the industry, IncFile as a business formation service is a disruptor. Why? Because they offer their services for less than their competitors. We’ll walk through a detailed explanation of how much you can save in comparison to Incorporate.com below.
- They offer an online order tracking tool that sends you regular alerts as your documentation moves through their system.
- Unlimited name availability searches for your business entity.
- They’ll run a Business Tax Evaluation with you, and you can discuss all your tax-related questions and concerns with an expert before filing.
- $50,000 Corporate Veil, so if for some reason your lose limited liability there will be a layer of protection.
- Business Formation guide to help determine what you need when filing. Available to everyone, including non-members!
IncFile is a disruptor within this industry, and offers their introductory package at $49, which is $50 cheaper than Incorporate.com. And, their prices stay pretty low throughout their packaging.
Overall, both online formation services use the same packaging style, which is a three-tiered system for beginners, intermediates and advanced business structures. Visually, their package offerings look like this:
Both introductory packages include the basics of formation documents, some compliance tracking tools and electronic copies of your filed and approved paperwork. From there, things become a little bit more specific, so we’ll walk you through just a few examples.
- Incfile is going to be your best bet if you’re looking for affordability. Even their most expensive package is a full $400 less than Incorporate.com’s The Works package.
- The one thing that stands out about Incorporate.com is their Business Coaching service, which is apart of their The Works package. If you want a guiding, helping hand this could be an excellent added feature.
- Another consideration is your EIN or Employer Identification Number. With IncFile, the service is included in their Gold and Platinum packages. Incorporate.com also offers EIN filing in their more advanced packages, but there’s a significant price $150 jump.
When it comes to Customer Reviews, these two companies are at opposite ends of the field. IncFile’s sporting over 1000 customer reviews, while even after an extensive search, we were only able to track down a few for Incorporate.com.
That’s not necessarily an indication of which is better. There are several great companies in this industry with stellar customer satisfaction rates, but have only managed to get a few customer reviews on various platforms. Let’s look at some examples.
IncFileBriefly, the majority of IncFile’s reviews are housed on ShopperApproved where they’ve got an average of 4.8 stars, and only 2 one-star reviews! Here’s a couple examples:
Incorporate.comUnfortunately, the few reviews that we found for were fairly critical. Rather than subject you to unhappy rants, let’s look at root causes.
First, they’ve had issues in the past with their approach to customer service. Several reviews have been quick to state how frustrating it was to try and get straight answers from customer service reps.
Additionally, a few have had difficulty with pricing & fees. Several customers reported being charged without their knowledge, and found it tough to get the situation resolved. That said, before making a decision, take these sentiments with a grain of salt. Reviews can be highly-subjective.
At the end of the day, we recommend you make this decision based on your own personal needs.
Make a list of the specific features you’d like to see in your ideal online incorporation service, and work from there.
We recommend IncFile because they’re the most cost effective and their customer reviews are spectacular. To get started today, use the links below to head to your favorite. Here’s to a prosperous year ahead, cheers!