1) Both have safe, modern, secure websites or web platforms; protected by Norton Web Security, meaning your private data stays that way.
2) Both companies have perfect A+ ratings as Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Businesses.
3) IncFile and Direct Incorporation have awesome and professional customer-service reps. Give them a call, send an email, or start a chat session on their sites — they make communication easy.
4) Both provide online learning centers, including a host of document libraries and reference materials, as well as helpful blog posts.
5) Looking to incorporate a business with a large employee base? How about a sole proprietorship? No matter what, Direct Incorporation and IncFile have you covered. There’s no company too big or startup too small.
6) Both are far less expensive than the conventional route of hiring a lawyer.
We’ve created this IncFile vs Direct Incorporation comparison for a reason - because no two companies are ever exactly alike. Take a look, and consider how these differences affect which company’s right for you:
- IncFile costs less across the board. Their base and top-tier packages are both about $90 less than Direct Incorporation’s comparable packages.
- Direct Incorporation offers their Executive Club for $13.99 per month; benefits include advice from lawyers and accountants, a compliance program, discounts on future services and more. That’s a lot of added value.
- IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service, free of charge with any package. Direct Incorporation doesn’t include this service.
- Direct Incorporation has a wider variety of options than IncFile though. IncFile has their standard packages without a ton of add-ons, whereas Direct Incorporation’s four service-tiers cover basic incorporation, robust one-stop startup shopping, and everything in between.
- IncFile includes a cool real-time tracking tool, which keeps you constantly updated on where exactly your application stands.
- Turnaround times do vary by state, but Direct Incorporation’s processing times are generally faster.
As mentioned in the commonalities section, both Direct Incorporation and IncFile are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, with A+ ratings.
As for customer reviews, IncFile clearly has legions of happy clients with well over 1,500 reviews on ShopperApproved, sporting a sterling 4.8/5-stars. Here’s a couple examples:
“I really like the email reminders for renewing, and the site is so very easy to follow. Definitely made this process so easy.” - Deborah F.
“This company is definitely in my list of trusted companies by now. The services are quick and provided in an extremely professional manner allowing me to focus on my business. The online dashboard is clean and easy to understand. Highly recommended.” - Binoy M.It’s difficult to find a large volume of Direct Incorporation reviews online, although we do wonder if that’s partially because both the words “direct” and “incorporation” appear on basically every other site regarding filing services.
Let this be a lesson to all of us: “In the internet age, it’s maybe not the best idea to have a generic company name that makes it difficult to find your business on search engines.”
There are some customer testimonials on Direct Incorporation’s website though, like this one:
“This was very easy. This was great. Working with your company was a pleasure. I paid $3,000 to someone else before, and this was much better. Be sure and tell your company that.” - Gregory BrueIt’s definitely a good thing Direct Incorporation doesn’t really have any negative reviews. Still, if customer reviews have a strong impact on your decision-making process, the truckload of positive reviews for IncFile tip the scales in their direction.
IncFile Starts at $49
As you can see, all three packages include things like registered agent service, order tracking, access to incorporation document libraries and more. As for the differences between the tiers, check out the screenshot below:
Note: The Platinum tier also includes expedited processing, a $100 value.
Turnaround times with IncFile vary drastically by state, as they do with most companies. Their standard processing times take anywhere from 1-8 weeks, but if you need it done faster, your order can be expedited to a 1-30 day window (depending on state of formation).
Direct Incorporation Starts at $139Like most document filing services, Direct Incorporation also has three service tiers: Standard, Premier and Elite. However, Direct Incorporation also has a ‘startup package’ known as Venture.
Note: Turnaround times with Direct Incorporation are very fast — their standard filing times are roughly equivalent to IncFile’s expedited processing!
Direct Incorporation’s services are interesting because they’re a bit different than just about any other document filing company.
- Their Standard package is a fairly typical base-tier package, although it includes an Employer Identification Number — an additional $70 cost on IncFile, which essentially evens out the prices between their base tiers.
- When you get into the middle tiers, Direct Incorporation’s Premier package is probably most similar to IncFile’s top-tier Platinum service.
- Up at the Elite tier, Direct Incorporation includes everything you need to launch a professional website, which is a strong value for about $85 more than the Premier level.
If you need more than a basic incorporation service, Direct Incorporation’s Venture “startup package” is worth looking into.
It would be incredibly convenient to have trademark protection, graphic design and web design — along with all your document filing needs — in one place, which Direct Incorporation exclusively offers.
However, if all you want is standard incorporation filing service, saving $90+ with IncFile might be a better option.
Both companies are perfectly capable of providing a smooth, worry-free incorporation process. Whether you go with the more in-depth offerings of Direct Incorporation, or keep your costs down a bit with IncFile, we’re confident you’ll be happy with your decision. Here’s to a prosperous year ahead!
Save $90+ with IncFile
You're protected by a 100% money back guarantee