IncFile Pros & Cons
- If you require business formation services in addition to registered agent, IncFile can save you a chunk of cash because they provide a full year of registered agent service for free with any formation package. Details here.
- IncFile’s customer reviews are nearly impossible to beat. For example, on Shopper Approved they hold a 4.8 average score out of 5, with nearly 1,900 reviews.
- They take online security seriously. Their site is covered by Norton Web Security which continuously scans for malware and other vulnerabilities, while encrypting data transmissions. They’re also an Authorize.net verified merchant, which protects customer info and combats fraud.
- With over 150,000 businesses served since 2004, IncFile has the longevity and volume to be a trustworthy operation.
- If you simply need someone to file change of registered agent paperwork, IncFile also offers this service even if you don’t use them as your registered agent.
- IncFile doesn’t offer volume discounts on registered agent service. While their $119 annual rate is highly competitive and actually one of the lower price points out there, some competitors beat that rate if you order multiple years or service in multiple states.
IncFile Registered Agent Pricing
IncFile’s $119 rate is on the lower end of online registered agent pricing. Take a look at how they describe their registered agent service:
If you get a registered agent through IncFile, they’ll notify you immediately of service of process so you’re prepared before you even have documents in your hands. Also, you’ll receive their convenient Registered Agent Dashboard - a handy online tool providing 24/7 access to your account and alerts you can use to stay on top of important deadlines and filing dates.
When it comes to customer feedback, IncFile excels. They have thousands of positive reviews and just a handful of critical ones by comparison. Their happy customers frequently compliment IncFile’s ease of use, as well as their customer support. On the other hand, a few of their less positive reviews are rather critical of their service department, which isn’t surprising with a large company like this.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 8-8-17
- Shopper Approved: 4.8/5 out of 1,893 reviews
- FitSmallBusiness: 4.0/5 out of 24 reviews
- BBB: A+ out of 16 reviews
How IncFile Compares
Considering how much time I’ve spent researching registered agent services, I’ve determined that some of them offer more for your money than others. Of course, our goal is still to figure out which provider has the best combination of pricing and features for you.
IncFile is a great provider of registered agent service because of their stellar customer feedback and their free year of registered agent with any business formation package. It’s always a good idea to see what the competition has to offer, so let’s also look at my personal favorite, Northwest Registered Agent.
Pricing: Northwest Registered Agent’s pricing starts at $125 per state per year for service in 1-3 states. If you require service in 4-9 states, the price drops to $115, and drops again to $100 for 10+ states. Of course, IncFile stays right at their $119 price tag.
Features: Northwest Registered Agent scans all your documents locally, but other than that these companies offer similar service.
Customer Support: IncFile’s service department does a good job answering questions, but it does sometimes take awhile to get messages returned. Northwest Registered Agent based their entire reputation on their excellent customer support, and it shows. They have a personalized approach that makes you feel like a person, not a number.
Experience: IncFile has served 150,000+ businesses since 2004, which is an impressive volume of customers. However, Northwest Registered Agent specializes in providing this service, as opposed to IncFile’s much wider focus on general business services. If you want a company that focuses on providing registered agent services, Northwest Registered Agent might be the right fit for your company.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
IncFilePricing Starts at $119
NorthwestPricing Starts at $125
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Act As My Own Registered Agent?
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Should You Use IncFile?