1) Verify Brand Name & Download Form
First, ensure the name you want to file isn't already taken or too similar to another. Head over to the WY Secretary of State's website and conduct a Business Entity Search, then to be prudent conduct a similar search using the TESS System through the U.S. Patent Office.
Once verified, feel free to either contact the Secretary of State's office, or download a copy of the Application for Registration of Trade Name.
2) Properly Fill Out Registration Form
Make sure you completely understand what you're doing and what's required of you before filling in anything. There are some instructions as well as some important information at the bottom worth noting. Basic information you'll need includes:
- Trade name you want to register
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s business address
- Trade name’s mailing address
- Applicant’s business type
- Applicant’s description of the general nature of his business
- Date of the first time the trade name was used in Wyoming
3) Notarize & Submit Your Form
When you're ready, have the document notarized and mail your form with the current filing fee to:
Wyoming Secretary of State
State Capitol Building, Room 110
200 West 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020
As of right now they don't offer any kind of expedited services in this matter so the typical process time takes about 3 to 5 days. Once you get confirmation, that's all there is to it! You'll be the official owner of a Wyoming DBA.
Need Help Filing Your DBA?
If you'd like help filing a Wyoming DBA, feel free to read our reviews of the two most popular services.
- LegalZoom DBA Review: Pricing starts at $99 + state fee. Best if you're looking for the most popular DBA filing service available.
- CorpNet DBA Review: Pricing starts at $108 + state fee. Best if you're looking for great customer service.