Step 1) Verify Brand Name & Get Registration Form

WebsiteFirst, use the NE Corporate & Business Search page to see if there are any other brand names like the one you want, or that are even similar. Also, if applicable, check the TESS System through the U.S. Patent Office to check for any trademark conflicts.

Once you’ve secured your brand name, head on over to the Secretary of State’s website and download the Application for Registration of Trade Name.

Step 2) Properly Complete The Registration Form

Register an LLCIf you do not have official legal counsel and you aren’t working with a professional DBA filing service, PLEASE double and triple check every entry and understand what they mean/represent. The following information is required in the Nebraska DBA form:

  • Trade name to be used;
  • Name and complete address of the applicant;
  • Type of legal structure of the applicant;
  • Date the trade name was first used in the state;
  • Nature of business.

Also enclosed in the form are the specific instructions on how to publish a legal notice for the trade name. Be sure to observe these statutory requirements to ensure that your application is approved.

Step 3) Send The Completed Nebraska DBA Registration Form

Mail in the FormThe final step to filing a DBA in Nebraska is to get your application notarized by an authorized individual and then submit it. The address where you need to send it is on the form.

Remember to include the filing fee of $100, payable to the Nebraska Secretary of State. And with that you’re all set and just waiting for notification. Once you’ve got the green light, you’re officially the owner of a DBA in Nebraska.

Need Help Filing Your DBA?

Have a reliable DBA filing service handle the paperwork for you. Just answer a few questions about your business and they’ll take care of the rest.

Visit Swyft Filings Or Visit Rocket Lawyer

Please note that this guide is not legal advice or documentation. For details on the legal proceedings of filing a NE DBA or starting a business in Nebraska, you should schedule an appointment with a local business lawyer.