Step 1) Secure Brand Name & Get Registration Form
The very first step is using the Business Entity Search tool through the Secretary of State to ensure your chosen brand name is available. Then, if applicable, use the TESS System through the U.S. Patent Office to see that there are no trademark conflicts.
After that the next step is getting what's called the Certificate of Assumed Business Name. This form can be obtained from the Secretary of State’s website and as this form is fileable online, you can immediately get started.
Step 2) Fill Out The Idaho DBA Registration Form
As mentioned, the Idaho DBA form is fileable online, so as soon as you click on the link above, you are directly linked to the actual form. You can begin filling it out, but make sure to read all the instructions situated below the actual form.
The following information will have to be provided:
- The assumed business name to be used.
- The name and address of the individual/business entity that will use the assumed name.
- The type of business that will be operated using the assumed name.
- Mailing address.
If you don't have an attorney or a professional filing service to help, make sure you double and triple check every answer to verify everything is as it should be. Then you can go get it notarized and it's ready to send off.
Step 3) Mail In Or File Online
Either mail it to the address specified on the bottom part of the form, or do it online if you'd prefer.
Make sure to include your filing fee when you send in the ‘doing business as’ in Idaho form. And finally, once you've checked or been notified of approval everything is good to go. Here's to a fabulous and prosperous year ahead!
Need Help Filing Your DBA?
If you'd like help filing an Idaho DBA, feel free to read our reviews of the two most popular services.
- LegalZoom: Pricing starts at $99 + state fee. Best if you're looking for the most popular DBA filing service available.
- CorpNet: Pricing starts at $108 + state fee. Best if you're looking for great customer service.