Pros and Cons of Hiscox Business Insurance
- Hiscox’s online quote generator is incredibly convenient and user-friendly. In about ten minutes, Hiscox will provide prospective customers with a detailed quote that they can manipulate and adjust to find the perfect coverage level and price. They even sell insurance directly to customers online.
- Hiscox has focused solely on providing business insurance since their founding in 1901. This means their singular mission is providing the best possible commercial insurance coverage for their customers.
- Hiscox serves small, midsize, and large companies with a wide variety of policies and coverages.
- Hiscox is one of the leading providers of cyber insurance in the world.
- Hiscox maintains high-average rating scores from all major ratings firms, making them a safe bet when it comes to covering your claims.
- Hiscox’s website features a highly informative company blog and podcast where current and prospective customers can gather a wealth of information.
- Hiscox receives stellar customer reviews, with very high rating scores across over 10,000 reviews.
- While Hiscox’s reviews are very impressive, nearly every single review is located on their own website. Though not necessarily a red flag, it’s noteworthy that there are virtually no reviews of Hiscox on any third-party websites.
What Kinds of Business Insurance Does Hiscox Offer?
Hiscox provides an impressive range of coverages tailored to small, medium, and large businesses in a multitude of different fields. While this list is not exhaustive, these are their most popular forms of commercial insurance coverage:
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Errors and Omissions
- Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
- Workers Compensation
- Cyber Security
Hiscox also offers specialized coverage for a number of specific industries, including policies in the following fields:
- Architecture and Engineering
- Consulting and Freelancers
- IT and Technology
How Can I Get a Quote From Hiscox?
While you always have the option to obtain a quote via phone or in person with a Hiscox agent, they also offer a convenient and intuitive online quote generator tool. You can obtain your quote in about 10 minutes by filling out a few simple forms on their website.
After Hiscox provides your quote, you can then adjust the deductible and other limits of the policy to find a price point and coverage level that works best for you. You can get quotes for both monthly payments and annual prepays. It’s possibly the best online quote tool available from a commercial insurance provider.
How Much Does Hiscox Business Insurance Cost?
In general, it’s quite difficult to make fair cost comparisons among insurance providers. There are simply too many variables to consider. One provider may have a lower price for general liability insurance, while another offers cheaper property coverage. The level of benefits offered for the cost can also vary.
Unlike most providers, though, Hiscox lists prices for their most common policies right on their website. Here are the starting rates for some popular coverages:
- General Liability Insurance: $29.17/month
- Professional Liability Insurance: $22.50/month
- Business Owner’s Policy (BOP): $41.67/month
While these rates will increase depending on the size and nature of your business, for starting prices they are very reasonable.
Customer reviews can be a difficult thing to qualify. It’s impossible to determine exactly which policy each reviewer holds and the specific circumstances behind their experience. With insurance, in particular, anyone who has had to file a claim is likely dealing with a difficult situation. Still, there is value in examining how a typical customer views a company since it can give you a glimpse into their general customer support reputation.
Hiscox receives excellent feedback from their customers, with very high average rating scores and well over 10,000 reviews available online. However, there is a striking lack of customer reviews among any third-party websites.
- Hiscox.com: 4.7 out of 5 stars (10,808 reviews)
Overall, Hiscox earns a score of 4.8 out of 5. Hiscox is truly one of the best commercial insurance providers in America, thanks in large part to their exclusive focus on business policies.
Compared to most competitors, Hiscox has advantages that greatly outweigh their disadvantages, making them one of the best options when it comes to selecting a commercial insurance policy.
They offer a wide range of policy types to fit any company, and make finding and purchasing their policies fast and convenient.