Harbor Compliance Pros & Cons
- Their customer reviews are phenomenal, with a 4.8 average score out of 5 on Google, and 100% positive ratings on BBB.org.
- Harbor Compliance is well known for their top-notch service department. Staffed with knowledgeable professionals, they can help you solve any problem that might come your way, unlike many competitors which farm out their support to 3rd-party call centers.
- If you need service in multiple states — or commit to multiple years — you can save big money thanks to their volume discounts. You can keep 10% per year in your pocket!
- Registered agent service from Harbor Compliance includes a number of free compliance guides and whitepapers, which the competition doesn’t provide.
- They’re serious about your security, protecting their website using both Norton and Trustwave scanning and encryption software.
- Harbor Compliance never auto-bills you, or even saves your credit card info. They simply invoice you annually, meaning there’s never a surprising charge to your account.
- While their registered agent service is available at a competitive rate, some of their other services like incorporation ($499) and foreign qualification ($299) are on the pricier side. We do feel they provide sufficient value for these services, but it’s still worth noting if you’re a one-stop shopping type.
Pricing & Features
With registered agent service from Harbor Compliance, you pay a base rate of $99 per year, unless you’re interested in their volume discounts. Take a look at what I mean in this screenshot below from their site:Their registered agent service includes immediate access to their address; the moment you place your order, they’ll provide their address and let you get started. In addition to receiving and forwarding your mail, they also send you email notifications and upload your documents to their secure online database.
Harbor Compliance also provides you with annual report notifications, sending you reminders before this and other important dates on your compliance calendar. Throw in the free document scanning and same-day electronic document delivery, and they’re the full package for resident agent service.
Harbor Compliance holds an A+ score with the BBB, and all 29 reviews on BBB.org are positive. In addition, they have 24 reviews on Google, with an average score of 4.8 out of 5. Clearly, their customers appreciate the services they receive, and they particularly rave about the customer support system at Harbor Compliance. Here’s a couple of great examples:
In fact, we could find just one critical customer review anywhere online. It was written by this customer who apparently did not understand what registered agent service is, and thought it included incorporation:
In short, their customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive. As long as you understand the difference between registered agent and LLC formation, we’re confident that you’ll have a great experience working with Harbor Compliance.
How Harbor Compliance Registered Agent Compares
With their first-rate customer support and volume discounts, Harbor Compliance is an excellent choice to provide your company with registered agent service. Of course, there are many other options, so let’s examine IncFile and InCorp to see if one of them seems like a better fit for you.
- If you also need to incorporate, make sure to give them a look. They include a full year of registered agent for free with any incorporation service.
- Like Harbor Compliance, IncFile has great customer reviews. The difference is that while Harbor Compliance has dozens of them, IncFile has thousands all across the web. (Go to Review)
- Their volume discounts are even better than Harbor Compliance. You can save up to 33% per year if you commit to 5 years of registered agent service with InCorp.
- They absorb any transfer fees, and also offer a price-match guarantee. They’ll equal or beat any other price you can find for registered agent service. (Check out in-depth review)
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
IncFilePricing Starts at $99
Harbor CompliancePricing Starts at $99
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Registered Agent?
Can I Act as My Own Agent?
Can I Change Registered Agents?
Should You Use Harbor Compliance?