Harbor Compliance Pros & Cons
- Harbor Compliance offers a fully managed annual report service. This basically means that they track your deadlines, prepare and file all of your annual reports, and maintain comprehensive records of your compliance history in their tracking software. For the most part, there's hardly anything you'll need to do past giving them your basic company info.
- Their premium customer service is one of the best reasons to use their services, and it’s also the main reason they’re so popular. Harbor Compliance assigns a Compliance Specialist to each customer, and that Specialist is your direct contact throughout the entire process. You’ll never have to contact some random employee at a call center. Instead, you’ll speak to the same experienced — and domestically located — professional every time you have a question or concern.
- If your business operates in multiple states, Harbor Compliance has a billing consolidation feature that lets you combine your payments into one account. In other words, you make a single payment to Harbor Compliance, and they pay each state entity for you. With most of their competitors, you have to track all your individual due dates and send timely payments to each state, which can get overwhelming.
- Customer feedback is a strength for Harbor Compliance. Nearly all of their online reviews are extremely positive in nature, and who doesn’t like great customer reviews?
- Their pricing for annual report filing varies depending on the size of your company, the nature of your business, etc. That means there are no price estimates on their website, so you’ll have to contact them for a quote. It’s not a big deal, but I find it a little frustrating!
- Not everyone really needs fully managed annual report filing service. You might want to try a “no-frills” alternative like LegalZoom for just $35.
Harbor Compliance Annual Report Filing Pricing & Features
Harbor Compliance has a variable pricing model for annual report filing service. Your cost will totally depend on several factors, from the nature of your business, to the number of states you operate in, etc.
Take a look at how they explain their annual report service on their website, then we’ll dive into the details.
Harbor Compliance makes the annual report process incredibly convenient since they take care of every step. You don’t even need to keep track of your due dates. The only thing you’ll need to do is supply them with your company’s basic info — things like your physical address, names of your owners, etc.
In my opinion, this service is great for busy entrepreneurs, especially if you operate in multiple states. A fully managed annual report filing service like Harbor Compliance can essentially remove annual reports from your to-do list for good. I think we all appreciate that.
As a relatively young company, it’s no surprise that Harbor Compliance only has a few dozen customer reviews.
While it would be nice to see a larger volume of reviews, it’s impossible to complain about the quality of feedback. Nearly all of their reviews are really positive, and their customers frequently praise their elite customer service department.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 10-27-17
- BBB: A+ out of 32 reviews
- Google: 4.8/5 out of 32 reviews
How Harbor Compliance Compares
Harbor Compliance is one of the best annual report services available, but they’re obviously not the only provider. It’s always important to be aware of what their competitors have to offer, so let’s take a look at how they compare to another one of my personal favorite providers, IncFile.
Pricing: As opposed to Harbor Compliance’s variable pricing model, IncFile has a flat rate of $88 plus state fee. In general, this is a lower price than you’ll pay with Harbor Compliance, but in this case you get what you pay for!
Features: IncFile doesn’t offer a fully managed annual report filing service like Harbor Compliance does. This means that you’ll still have to keep track of your filing due dates, among other hassles.
Customer Support: As I already mentioned, Harbor Compliance has a pretty impressive customer support system that assigns an experienced professional to your account, and that person is your direct contact. IncFile has a more standard customer service network, and it can sometimes take a while to hear back from them, as I’ve personally experienced wait times over 24 hours.
Experience: IncFile has a bit of an edge when it comes to experience, as they’ve served over 150,000 businesses since opening in 2004. On the other hand, Harbor Compliance was formed in 2012, and they’ve helped 10,000+ businesses since then.
Here's A Quick Visual
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I File My Own Annual Reports?
What’s Their Refund Policy?
Is My Information Secure?
Does Harbor Compliance Offer Ongoing Support?
Should You Use Harbor Compliance?