FreshBooks has been one of the most popular online accounting companies in recent years and it’s no surprise as to why. It’s a modern, easy to use solution to small business bookkeeping. But, they’re not right for everyone.
Today we’ll talk about three of the most comparable alternatives to FreshBooks. We’ll go over a little about each company, discuss the features that make them unique and give you an idea of what they cost. So without further adieu, let’s get started!
Recommended: Hiring an accountant can save your company thousands of dollars in taxes each year. Get a free tax consultation with 1-800Accountant.
1. Xero - $9 to $70/month
Starting off strong with our number one pick, Xero has been considered one of the titans of the industry for several years now. They offer a seriously impressive suite of features. Some of our personal favorite include:
- Conversion Tools: If you’re thinking about switching account software platforms, Xero offers a way to make it easy. You can convert from QuickBooks in minutes and save yourself a ton of time, instead of spending hours on data entry between platforms.
- 400+ App Integration: Xero has one of the best selections for app and widget add ons. Some of the most popular are e-commerce apps like Shopify, Vend and Square, and documentation widgets like Google Suite and Microsoft Word.
- Multiple Users: Collaboration is key when it comes to successfully managing your business as a team. To help facilitate that, Xero has added in a multi-user functionality in specific packages so you can add users with ease.
All of these features, and a bunch more are included in their monthly subscription packages. Xero offers three different plans ranging from $9-$70 a month, depending on what features you’d like to utilize. That being said, there is a free trial offer available so you can try the full platform free for 30 days before deciding.
2. QuickBooks - $10 to $50/month
Next up, we’ve got QuickBooks. QuickBooks has been in business for over 30 years, which is pretty amazing for this relatively young industry. They’ve been steadily growing and improving on their software over, so that they can offer features like:
- Mileage Tool: When you’re on the go between jobs, QuickBooks offers a mileage tool to help keep track of your time spent in transit. And if you include this time as part of the total cost, you can attach it to an upcoming invoice.
- Tax Help: No need to stress about tax season. QuickBooks offers a great set of tools to send reminders, keep track of expenses and more so you’re never caught off guard.
- Time Tracking: Along with mileage tracking, QuickBooks offers a time tracking tool that allows you to keep a log of all billable hours that you can later attach to invoices for various clients.
QuickBooks, much like Xero, offers four different packages for various business types and sizes. Prices range from $10-$50 a month, but there are a few ways the shave that price down a bit. When you sign up with QuickBooks, you have two different options: a 30-day free trial or 50% off your subscription fees for the first 6 months.
3. Sage One - Free to $25/month
Topping it off with our number three pick, we’ve got SageOne. SageOne is part of Sage’s large selection of business software options. They offer online accounting solutions for small businesses and entrepreneurs specifically. To cater to this audience, they’ve included features like:
- Customizable Invoices: With SageOne, you can create invoices based on their easy to use templates. When you’re ready to send them off to clients, you can include your own personal style touches, as well as your logo so that every piece of communication reflects your brand.
- Unlimited Quotes: Send as many estimates/quotes as you like to an unlimited number of clients. Some companies charge based on the number of clients, so it’s nice to see a company that has removed that barrier.
- Multi-currency: If you’re doing a lot of international business, SageOne has fantastic multi-currency support so you can sent invoices that support a variety of currencies.
The software operates similar to the first two in terms of available plans. Their two packages, SageOne and SageOne Start are offered at $10 and $25 a month respectively, but they have a nice discount package available. When you sign-up you have the choice between a 30-day free trial or a little bit of money off your monthly subscription fees for the first 6 months.
Which Is Right For You?
All of these FreshBooks alternatives are capable of providing an easy online accounting experience. Xero still remains one of our personal favorites. If you’d like to learn more about what Xero can do for you, click the link below to try it free for 30 days. Cheers!