#1 Xero - $9 to $70/monthStarting off strong with our number one pick, Xero has been considered one of the titans of the industry for several years now. They offer a seriously impressive suite of features. Some of our personal favorite include:
- Conversion Tools: If you’re thinking about switching account software platforms, Xero offers a way to make it easy. You can convert from QuickBooks in minutes and save yourself a ton of time, instead of spending hours on data entry between platforms.
- 400+ App Integration: Xero has one of the best selections for app and widget add ons. Some of the most popular are e-commerce apps like Shopify, Vend and Square, and documentation widgets like Google Suite and Microsoft Word.
- Multiple Users: Collaboration is key when it comes to successfully managing your business as a team. To help facilitate that, Xero has added in a multi-user functionality in specific packages so you can add users with ease.
#2 QuickBooks - $10 to $50/monthNext up, we’ve got QuickBooks. QuickBooks has been in business for over 30 years, which is pretty amazing for this relatively young industry. They’ve been steadily growing and improving on their software over, so that they can offer features like:
- Mileage Tool: When you’re on the go between jobs, QuickBooks offers a mileage tool to help keep track of your time spent in transit. And if you include this time as part of the total cost, you can attach it to an upcoming invoice.
- Tax Help: No need to stress about tax season. QuickBooks offers a great set of tools to send reminders, keep track of expenses and more so you’re never caught off guard.
- Time Tracking: Along with mileage tracking, QuickBooks offers a time tracking tool that allows you to keep a log of all billable hours that you can later attach to invoices for various clients.
#3 Sage One - Free to $25/monthTopping it off with our number three pick, we’ve got SageOne. SageOne is part of Sage’s large selection of business software options. They offer online accounting solutions for small businesses and entrepreneurs specifically. To cater to this audience, they’ve included features like:
- Customizable Invoices: With SageOne, you can create invoices based on their easy to use templates. When you’re ready to send them off to clients, you can include your own personal style touches, as well as your logo so that every piece of communication reflects your brand.
- Unlimited Quotes: Send as many estimates/quotes as you like to an unlimited number of clients. Some companies charge based on the number of clients, so it’s nice to see a company that has removed that barrier.
- Multi-currency: If you’re doing a lot of international business, SageOne has fantastic multi-currency support so you can sent invoices that support a variety of currencies.