When you need insurance for your business, it can be difficult to know which of the many carriers is the best choice. While shopping for insurance can be a hassle, it’s one or the most important steps in the early life cycle of any business. Getting the right coverages from a company you can trust is vitally important to your success as a business owner.
Farmers has very high brand power and name recognition in the American commercial insurance industry thanks to their extensive advertising campaigns, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a good fit for your company. This review will analyze Farmers’ business insurance policies to help you determine if their service is right for you.
Pros & Cons of Farmers Business Insurance
Pros of Farmers Business Insurance
- Farmers offers a robust variety of commercial coverage options that are custom-tailored to suit businesses across a range of industries. You can browse their policies by industry or narrow your search down to your exact profession.
- Farmers maintains higher than average customer ratings across several review platforms.
- Farmers receives very high marks from all major rating firms, making them a safe bet when it comes to covering your claims.
- Farmers Value Program has a wealth of money-saving offers through partnerships with third-party business services providers. As a Farmers commercial policyholder, you’re eligible for deep discounts from Dell, Constant Contact, Choice Screening, Pitney Bowes, and LegalZoom.
- With 21,000 employees and a history dating back to 1928, Farmers has the experience and expertise necessary to provide high-quality commercial insurance policies.
Cons of Farmers Business Insurance
- Farmers does not offer an online quote generator. While you can request a quote through their website, this function simply sends your information to an agent who will contact you later to discuss policy options.
Farmers Business Insurance Alternative
Hiscox is truly one of the best commercial insurance providers in America, thanks in large part to their exclusive focus on business policies. Read Review
Hiscox (Price Varies)
What Kinds of Business Insurance Does Farmers Offer?
Farmers offers a great range of business insurance policy options, from common coverages to niche policies. You can shop for policies based on specific coverage type, or by browsing their list of supported industries and professions for coverage specifically tailored to your business type. Farmers offers policies in the following broad commercial categories:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Loss Control
The industries they serve include:
- Apartment Rental
- Auto Service and Repair
- Commercial Real Estate
- Education and Non-Profit
- Home and Building Service
- Religious Organizations
- Restaurant and Food Truck
- Retail Stores
How Can I Get a Quote From Farmers?
Farmers does not offer an online quote generator. To receive pricing information for their policies you’ll need to speak directly with a local agent. To streamline this process, you can use the “Farmers Fast Quote” form on their website. This form will collect your relevant information so that an agent can get in touch with you regarding your policy options.