- With prices that start at just $45, EZ Incorporate has the lowest base rate of any major LLC formation service.
- Their convenient online LLC formation application can be filled out in as little as 10 minutes. EZ Incorporate can take it from there, leaving you to focus on actually running your business.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee gives you the peace of mind of a full refund of fees paid to EZ Incorporate, at any time within 60 days of your order date.
- They have extended phone support hours every weekday, from 9am to 9pm ET, and they’re even open on Saturdays from 2pm to 7pm ET. Customers love their late operating hours, as they allow you to wrap up business for the day and still have plenty of time to get answers to any questions you may have.
- Security is a high priority for them, as they protect their website with both Norton Web Security, which encrypts data and scans for malware, and Authorize.Net, which verifies online merchant identities.
- Some of their other services are on the expensive side. For example, a Doing Business As name (DBA) costs $199 and adding an LLC kit to your formation service costs $159, etc.
- A few aspects of their website are a bit clunky, like the way there’s no convenient place to look through all their available services. Instead, you have to click through the entire application itself to view your add-on options.
EZ Incorporate has one basic LLC formation package, which costs just $45. Take a look at what you get at that price point.
Their other services are all available on an a la carte basis. I mentioned earlier that there’s really no convenient overview of these add-ons on EZ Incorporate’s website, so I went through the application and compiled a list of these features, as well as their costs.
- DBA: $199
- Registered Agent: $99/year
- Custom LLC Kit & Seal: $159
- Custom Operating Agreement: $25
- Federal Tax ID (EIN): $89
- Seller’s Permit/Resale License: $199
- S-Corporation Filing: $100
- Electronic File Delivery: $30
- Email Reminders of Compliance Deadlines: $25
- Priority Mail Upgrade: $25
As you can see, your costs can add up quickly if you’re not careful. In some ways, a la carte pricing is great because you aren’t paying for anything you don’t need. However, in situations like this one, it might be nice to have the option of bundled service packages in order to save some money on commonly added features.
The needs of your unique business will obviously vary, but in general I recommend adding at least registered agent service and an EIN, which is already an extra $188 on top of the $45 base rate.
There aren’t many online customer reviews of EZ Incorporate. In fact, we found just 16 of them on 3rd-party review sites.
Despite the general lack of customer feedback, what we did find is quite positive, with 15 of those 16 reviews being highly complimentary of their quick and easy service.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 7-25-17
Conclusion: While it would be nice to see a larger volume of positive feedback, it’s still a point in EZ Incorporate’s favor that just one customer has ever been upset enough to write a critical online review of their services.
With all the time I’ve spent researching these services, I’ve developed some favorites because some providers simply offer more value than others. Still, the main question here is which one feels like the right combination of pricing and features for you?
EZ Incorporate is a good choice for LLC formation services because of their low base rate and 100% satisfaction guarantee. Of course, it’s always a good idea to see what the competition’s up to, so let’s see how they compare to my personal favorite, IncFile.
Pricing: IncFile’s base rate is $49, essentially a toss-up with EZ Incorporate’s $45 price.
Features: With IncFile, you get a full year of registered agent service at that $49 price point, which will cost you an additional $99 with EZ Incorporate. IncFile also offers a business tax consultation and access to digital copies of your documents in their base package.
Turnaround Time: Both services offer same-day order processing, so turnaround times are quite similar. In general, EZ Incorporate can turn around your order in 3-15 business days.
Keep in mind that some states take much longer than others to process orders once they receive them from your formation service, so it could take a while at no fault of IncFile/EZ Incorporate.
Customer Support: EZ Incorporate has longer support hours than IncFile, and they also are a bit easier to get ahold of, both in my own experience and in that of their reviewers. IncFile’s support is quite good, EZ Incorporate’s is just a bit better.
Years In Operation: EZ Incorporate opened back in 2003, but I couldn’t find any info on how many customers they’ve served in that time. IncFile opened their doors in 2004, and they’ve served 150,000+ customers in those 13 years.
HERE'S A QUICK VISUAL
Pricing Starts at $45
Unknown Businesses formed so far
Perfect for: Anyone starting a business on a budget and need quick formation
Pricing Starts at $49
150,000+ Businesses formed so far
Perfect for: Anyone starting a business needing quick formation with good features
Can I Just Form a Business Myself?
Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean it’s an ideal plan for your business. It’s not that it’s especially difficult, but you’ll need to invest a fair amount of time into navigating legalese and red tape if you choose the DIY option. EZ Incorporate and other LLC formation services help alleviate concerns like these. If you do want to know more about forming your own LLC, check out our handy guide.
Are There Any Hidden Fees?
I didn’t find any myself, and none of their customer reviews mention billing issues, so I feel pretty safe in saying no, they don’t have hidden fees.
Is My Information Secure?
Norton Web Security and Authorize.Net both cover EZ Incorporate’s website, making them as secure as essentially anywhere else on the web.
Does EZ Incorporate Offer Ongoing Support?
In their own words, they provide “phone, email, and live chat support to all our customers forever.” Sounds good to me!
EZ Incorporate gets a 4.2/5 in my book. They have the lowest base rate in the industry, and their extended customer support hours are great. If you’re ready to get started with EZ Incorporate, or if you want to learn more about their competition, use the buttons below. We’ve put together a guide to the top 7 LLC formation services that may help with your decision.