- eVoice’s pricing starts at just $12.99 per month. That’s the lowest rate I’ve seen for a business phone service, and it’s my favorite aspect of what they offer.
- Do you want custom greetings for your business, recorded by professional voice talent? With eVoice, this service is included with any of their business phone service packages. They’re the only major company in this industry that includes personalized greeting recordings with every business phone package.
- They offer a 30-day free trial for all new customers. If you’re not 100% certain whether eVoice is for you, it won’t cost you a dime to give it a try.
- eVoice offers more phone numbers per account than any competitor I’m aware of. Even their basic service package includes 6 numbers, and their top-shelf plan gives you access to a whopping 45 phone numbers! Not every company needs so many numbers, but it’s nice to know the option is there if you want it.
- Customer reviews are not a strength for eVoice. Their feedback includes many legitimately concerning reviews covering topics from billing issues and inconsistent customer support, to glitchy service.
- eVoice does not offer any business phone plans with unlimited minutes. Depending on which package you purchase, you’ll have between 300 and 4,000 minutes per month, and there’s a 3.9 cent per minute charge for extra minutes.
- You cannot transfer any of your eVoice phone numbers to other providers, and they will not sell them to you if you choose to leave this platform. Whether it’s next week or 10 years from now, if you decide to discontinue your eVoice service, they will reassign all of your numbers to other customers.
eVoice offers their customers 4 choices for business phone service. These packages range from $12.99 per month at the low end, to $79.99/month on the high end. Check out how eVoice advertises these options on their own website, then I’ll break things down in detail.
Each of these packages is tailored to appeal to a certain segment of the market, and there really is a wide variety from the barebones $12.99 plan to the stocked $79.99 package. Let’s take a closer look at how these 4 options differentiate from each other.
All 4 packages include the following features:
- Professionally recorded custom greeting (must request within 7 days of setting up account, available after that for an additional cost)
- Conference calling
- Click to call
- Dial-by-name directory
- Voicemail to email; human or software-based voicemail to text transcription available (starting at $1.95 per month for software transcription)
- iPhone and Android mobile apps
Other included features by package:
- $12.99/month: 300 minutes, 6 minutes, 2 extensions
- $29.99/month: 1000 minutes, 15 numbers, 5 extensions
- $49.99/month: 2000 minutes, 30 numbers, 10 extensions
- Online faxing, VIP setup/support, transfer existing numbers to eVoice
- $79.99/month: 4000 minutes, 45 numbers, 15 extensions
- Everything from the $49.99 package, plus vanity numbers
It’s tough to pick one and say it’s objectively the “best” option, because there is quite a bit of variance between these 4 plans. eVoice claims that the $29.99/month plan is the most popular, and it is a good compromise between the barebones offering of the $12.99 plan, and the more fully featured packages at the higher price points.
When it comes to customer feedback, eVoice only has a few dozen online reviews that I could find. Most of those reviews are not positive, as they maintain very low average rating scores.
Their customers frequently write about the poor service they receive from eVoice representatives, as well as complaining about billing issues, free trial cancellation problems and more.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 12-11-17
- Virtual Phone System Reviews: 1.0/5, 54 reviews
In addition, eVoice’s parent company j2 Global has just one positive review on BBB.org, compared to 29 negative reviews and 577 customer complaints.
Conclusion: I think it’s safe to say that customer reviews are not where eVoice wins over most of their clients. Depending on your priorities, this might be a big deal to you, or it may not make any difference.
I’ve spent so much time researching business phone services that I’ve developed some preferences of my own. Still, the point of this review is not to talk about my subjective favorites, but rather to figure out if eVoice is a good fit for your business.
Of course, eVoice isn’t the perfect pick for every business out there. Also, it’s always a good idea in general to take a look at what their competitors are offering. Let’s check out how eVoice stacks up next to Nextiva, another one of the top business phone services available.
Pricing: Nextiva’s pricing starts at $34.95 per month, which is obviously much more expensive than eVoice’s base package priced at $12.99/month. On the other hand, Nextiva’s top-shelf plan is $44.95/month, which is significantly lower than the $79.99 premium package price point offered by eVoice.
Features: One of Nextiva’s big selling points is the Skype integration they offer. They also provide unlimited faxing, and they also have strong customer reviews. Still, the biggest difference between these two companies is that Nextiva has unlimited minutes included with all of their business phone service plans.
Customer Support: eVoice offers 24/7 support to their clients, and they’re available via phone or email. Nextiva has strong availability as well — 8am-9pm ET weekdays, 9am-9pm ET weekends — but it’s not 24/7. When it comes to the quality of their support, Nextiva does generally have a better reputation than eVoice does.
Experience: Nextiva has served 150,000+ customers since opening in 2003. eVoice is a j2 Global product, a company that’s served over 11 million clients since 1995 — although the eVoice product itself launched a few years later, in 2000.
Here's a Quick Breakdown
11 million+ customers served
Perfect for: Anyone looking for lowest rate phone service with excellent custom greetings
150,000+ customers served
Perfect for: Anyone needing a large scale business VoIP phone service & excellent features
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Shouldn’t I Obtain Business Phone Service From a Traditional Phone Company?
eVoice is a VoIP (voice over internet protocol) product, which means your calls take place over an internet or mobile data connection, rather than on a traditional telephone line like with the phone company. VoIP services are much more flexible and portable than standard business phone lines, and they’re also typically significantly more affordable.
How Secure is Their Service?
In general, eVoice is just as secure as your company’s internet service is overall. It’s a safe service with no known history of major bugs, and it’s a product I would use confidently.
How Easy is the Setup Process?
The eVoice website outlines the setup process in 4 simple steps. It really couldn’t get much simpler than it is with eVoice.
eVoice earns a score of 4.0/5 in my book. I really like their low entry-level price point, and the inclusion of a professionally recorded greeting is a great bonus. If you’re ready to obtain your business phone service from eVoice, or if you would rather take a closer look at some of their top competitors, simply use the buttons below!