Need to build an effective plan for executing your grand idea? Business planning not exactly your forte? There are tons of business planning software options for entrepreneurs in your exact situation.
Our team has spent hundreds of hours researching the heavy-hitters in the industry, and we’ve developed an eye for what's important. In this Enloop vs. StratPad comparison, we’ll give you an objective look at their pricing, features, customer reviews, and more. Let’s dig in!
Enloop & StratPad Commonalities
1) Both are cloud-based and compatible with any operating system (OS), so you can access them from any device, anywhere you’ve got internet connection.
2) Both offer free versions of their software, so you can try them out before committing.
3) Both have month-to-month and annual payment options.
4) Both offer features to help you manage your finances and track your goals after you’re done writing a business plan.
What Sets Them Apart
- Enloop’s paid plans are cheaper than StratPad’s, starting at $9.95 for month-to-month service.
- In addition to their sharing features, they enable you to actually collaborate with your team. Their various packages allow different numbers of users to contribute.
- Their AutoWrite and TextSync features are totally unique to Enloop. AutoWrite automatically generates the basic text for your business plan, while TextSync keeps your plan up-to-date with any changes to your financial projections or other facts and figures.
- Doesn’t integrate with Quickbooks, Xero or any other accounting software.
- They don’t currently offer returns or refunds for their services.
- More expensive, with month-to-month plans starting at $29.99.
- Includes a comprehensive video course by founder Alex Glassey, and an abundance of other educational resources to help you get accustomed to the software.
- Capable of syncing with Quickbooks to make managing your finances easier.
- They do offer refunds, but we can’t talk specifics - at the time this review is being written, their detailed refund policy page isn’t functional.
Unfortunately Enloop doesn’t have any customer reviews on TrustPilot, Google, or any other third-party review forums yet. Their services have been professionally reviewed on a few business-focused websites like Top Ten Reviews and PC Mag though, where they’ve been situated as the best choice for entrepreneurs on a tight budget.
As far as actual customer feedback goes, though, they have four testimonials on their own website, and that’s it. Here are a couple of them:
“I would just like to say thank you... first plan done in a couple of hours, with an edit done in an hour or two. It's a blast... there's nothing faster!”
“I don't know how to write all that stuff that the business types want to see, so having it generated was very useful! I even recommended this site to a friend who is a business consultant!”
Sure, testimonials of any kind are good, but we always prefer to be able to reference customer feedback from third party platforms.
StratPad doesn’t have any customer feedback on the major review sites either, although their iOS app has a decent amount on the App Store. See the rating breakdown below:
Most of their 1- and 2-star ratings are from folks disappointed by the low functionality of the free version. Granted, the point of their free subscription is really to give you a feel for their software rather than a permanent tool to rely on. For both StratPad and Enloop, we highly recommend treating their free versions as trials.
It’s not all bad, of course - StratPad has still accumulated an average rating of 4/5 stars. Here’s a quite impassioned review from a satisfied user:
“I downloaded StratPad a couple weeks ago to help get my business plan documented into a professional, presentable format. Little did I know I would be tearing up my old business plan, adjusting my goals, and expanding my entire horizon, altogether. This app has forced me to think in new ways, opened my myopic vision up to globally view the possibilities… My recommendation: download today!”
Pricing & Features
Enloop offers four package options: Free, Basic, Advanced and Professional. Take a look at what’s included in each:
A little information-overload, we know - but we actually love the way Enloop details exactly what you get for your money. As you can see, the number of business plans and additional users you’re allotted increase as you upgrade. AutoWrite, TextSync and some other extra features also become available starting in the Advanced package.
For most entrepreneurs, the Basic or Advanced packages would be perfectly sufficient. It all depends on what features you really need. Now let’s take a quick look inside the software itself.
Here’s one of Enloop’s financial report pages:
Pretty basic, no-nonsense design - but it’s clean and easy enough to navigate, so no complaints on our end.
For a closer examination, check out our comprehensive Enloop Review!
StratPad only offers two packages: Business and Unlimited. The only difference between them is the number of business plans you’re able to create.
Frankly, very few folks require unlimited business plans - the Business package allows you up to 5, which is more than plenty for most startups. Both packages include their step-by-step video course, financial charts, tracking features, sharing capabilities, and more.
Now let’s take a look at how their software aesthetic differs from Enloop. Here’s what a strategy map looks like on StratPad:
Quite different, right? Perhaps a bit more modern, but overall just a distinct aesthetic. When it comes to data-presentation style, it’s really a matter of personal preference, not better or worse. Which makes the information more approachable to you?
For a closer look, take a look at our StratPad Review.
Which Should You Choose?
Enloop and StratPad are valuable resources designed to help you validate ideas, test assumptions, and get the most out of your business. Depending on what features you’re looking for, Enloop or StratPad could be your perfect match.
That said, based on our research we prefer Enloop for their lower prices and generous collaboration capabilities. According to this side-by-side comparison, Enloop comes out on top!
Try Enloop Free
No trial period, always free!