It isn’t uncommon to use your professional expertise as the foundation for your startup idea. A consulting business can be lucrative, especially if you have an established network.
What isn’t so easy with this business model is being able to generate a self-sustainable income that doesn’t require you to be there every second of the way. Without a way to generate passive income your business requires continuous effort while providing a small sense of financial security.
Since people start a business with the idea that they will make a living from it while pursuing their passion or at the very least be their own boss; having the tools to accomplish this long-term is something that will make that idea a reality.
And this is where eKco comes in; a digital content distribution platform that allows anyone to sell and distribute their videos and other digital content, to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The possibility of turning your online content into products that can generate continuous revenue by using eKco’s platform, allows you to grow your business while freeing up your time.
Let’s dive into the details, so that you can decide if eKco is good for your business.
What you need to know about eKcoeKco is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to upload, distribute and sell your digital content online, no technical expertise required.
- You don’t need any special software, tools, or training to use eKco; if you can upload a video to YouTube, you’re all set.
- User-friendly and easy to follow design makes setting up your account simple.
- You have the option of setting up different types of digital content products, from a single video to a structured course made up of video, audio and document files; to a playlist which includes multiple digital content products that you’ve set up/uploaded to your eKco site.
- You can add users and presenters to your eKco site, which allows collaboration if you have partners or employees that develop digital content for your business.
- Mobile-friendly, although it’s not meant to be fully managed from mobile devices.
- Your admin panel allows you to keep track of your site and content’s activity and sales.
- With eKco’s automatic tiering pricing model, you only pay for what you use.
- Responsive support team; when you report an issue you can expect a response within 24-48 hours. Note: As I set up my account and digital content packages, I had some questions and issues that they quickly responded to and resolved.
- Customize your account to make it your own and diminish costs that would come with needing a webmaster to implement this type of feature to your website.
- Payments are sent directly to your PayPal account. This is great because there’s no middle man, but it means you need to set up a PayPal account if you don’t have one. If you want to use a specific merchant account/payment gateway, you can send them a request.
- Pricing is available in USD currency only; although they are looking to add support for other currencies in the future.
- You have to have an Internet connection to use eKco and upload your digital content.
- While eKco is mobile friendly, it is not designed to do everything through mobile. You can sign in to your account from your smartphone or tablet. You can set up promotions and your home page, but you can’t upload new digital content from mobile devices.
- eKco supports the most widely used file formats for video, audio and document type content; but it isn’t all inclusive. This means that in order for you to upload your digital content, you must save them in one of the eKco supported formats.
Any business owner or self-employed professional can give eKco a try without investing anything except their time. And if the online content products you’ve uploaded start selling during your free trial you only have profits to gain.
eKco makes it easy for business professionals with no technical expertise to upload digital content like video training courses or a series of step-by-step guides with PowerPoint presentation and audio recording, or even an instructive webinar or podcast you’ve done in the past can be turned into a digital content product you can sell.
Unlike some of their competitors, who are set up with students and teaching in mind, eKco is set up for entrepreneurs who have knowledge they want to sell as part of their business products. The platform is designed with consultants and business owners in mind.
In addition to the 30-day free trial, when you first sign up you get a step-by-step blueprint for the first 14 days through 14 emails from the eKco team that shows you exactly what to do to really make the platform work for you.
Now let’s take look inside the eKco digital content distribution platform.
A quick look inside eKco
Is eKco right for you?
You should use eKco…
- If you are looking for ways to create passive income by selling digital content that you have or are planning to create.
- If you have podcasts, webinars, presentations, documents that can be packaged into a product your target audience needs.
- If you have knowledge and expertise that you can turn into a training or course.
- If you want to make money while freeing up your time.
You should NOT use eKco…
- If your website already includes a way for you to upload and sell your digital content.
- If you don’t have expert knowledge to sell that can be packaged into a product your customers will gain value from.
- If you don’t have an Internet connection and don’t plan on getting one.
I am a big fan of the platform because it helped me realize how much value the digital content I had created had, and it allowed me to add to my business revenue while offering something of value to the end user.
If you have knowledge you can sell as part of your business plan, eKco is a great option: easy to use, pay what you use, and free up your time.
eKco pricingThe price for eKco is based on 3 tiers starting with the Starter package at $29 per month, Moderate package at $49 per month, and Professional package at $119 per month. You only pay what you use thanks to eKco’s automatic tiering. Also, there are no commissions, revenue splits, or hidden fees.
30 days of risk free digital content sellingIf you think eKco may be right for you, you can try it out for a full month without paying a dime. When you sign up you are not required to give a credit card, so you won’t find any unwanted charges on your credit card. Also, if you don’t subscribe by the end of your 30-day free trial services will simply be discontinued. No hard feelings!
Give eKco a shot risk free
Maria Florio is a passionate entrepreneur with various specialties and interests: writer, copywriter, inbound marketer, Italy travel specialist and event planner. Her biggest passions are life and humanity. Get to know her professionally on LinkedIn and Twitter.