Chase Ink Business Cash Pros & Cons
- The Chase Ink Business Cash card doesn't come with an annual fee. Especially considering their solid rewards program, it’s impressive that they don’t charge around $100 annually (like so many competitors do).
- It provides 1% cash back on all purchases with no limits, plus some strong bonus cash-back options. For instance, you’ll earn 5% cash back on telecommunications and purchases at office supply stores, and 2% at gas stations and restaurants.
- If you charge $3,000 to your Chase Ink Business Cash card in the first 3 months, they’ll give you a $300 bonus. No strings attached!
- If you have a strong credit history, you could receive an APR as low as 14.24%, which is a great rate compared to most competitors. However...
- If you have average credit or limited credit history, your APR could be as high as 20.24%.
- You'll be charged a 3% fee for international transactions. This is among the highest rates in the industry for foreign purchases.
Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card Fees & Features
Let’s quickly go over how Chase advertises their Ink Business Cash card on their own website, then we’ll discuss some more details.
With Chase Ink Business Cash, you’ll receive a balance of generous perks and low fees. Let’s walk through some of their top features:
- No annual fee
- 1% unlimited cash back
- 5% cash back (on first $25k spent) on telecommunications and at office supply stores
- 2% cash back (on first $25k spent) at gas stations and restaurants
- 24-20.24% APR based on creditworthiness
- $300 cash bonus when you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months
- 3% foreign transaction fees
- Fraud alerts
Before we move on, I will note that Chase Ink Business Cash doesn’t have the greatest reputation for fraud alerts. It’s not that the service doesn’t work -- in fact, some customers have complained about having their card suspended too frequently for potentially fraudulent charges. It’s great that they’re so careful, but it seems that sometimes their fraud protections get in the way of the card’s functionality.
It’s not very common to see customer feedback for specific credit cards on third-party review aggregate sites, but Chase has managed to accumulate an impressive collection of reviews on their own site. For the most part, these reviews are positive, with many cardholders commenting on the solid rewards program.
However, as I mentioned, several users have taken issue with the way Chase handles fraud alerts. Some cardholders say legitimate transactions get flagged as potentially fraudulent, resulting in their card shutting down at the point of purchase.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 11-9-17
- Chase.com: 4.2/5, 1,206 reviews
Conclusion: Overall, we think Chase Ink Business Cash is a decent choice for entrepreneurs. Just make sure to keep an eye on the fraud alerts to see if they are indeed a bit overboard, as many cardholders suggest.
How Chase Ink Business Cash Compares
Chase Ink Business Cash offers a business credit card that fits the needs of many entrepreneurs, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best card for you. With that in mind, let’s see how it compares to Capital One Spark Cash, another leading business credit card.
Fees: Whereas Chase Ink Business Cash has no annual fee, Capital One Spark Cash charges $95 per year (after your free first year). However, while Chase Ink charges 3% for all foreign transactions, Spark Cash has no fees for international charges.
Cash back: As we discussed, Chase Ink provides 1% unlimited cash back, 2% at gas stations and restaurants, and 5% on telecommunications and at office supply stores. On the other hand, Spark Cash offers 2% cash back with no limits across the board.
Bonuses: Chase Ink offers a $300 cash bonus after you spend $3k in your first 3 months, while Spark Cash offers $500 if you spend $4,500 within the same time frame.
APR: Chase Ink bases your APR on your creditworthiness, with a rate falling somewhere between 14.24-20.24%. With Spark Cash, all approved cardholders receive an APR of 17.99%.
Here's A Quick Breakdown
Service Charge Starts at $0
generous cash-back rewards program
Perfect for: Anyone looking for a startup-friendly business credit card with great rewards and no annual fee
Service Charge Starts at $95/year
2% cash back on all purchases
Perfect for: Anyone looking for business credit card with unlimited rewards and no foreign transaction fees
Frequently Asked Questions
Do They Provide Fraud Protection?
Yes, although cardholders have mixed opinions regarding whether these protections are effectively implemented. Some customers think Chase Ink is overly-cautious with fraud alerts, shutting their cards down unnecessarily. Personally, I don’t see this as a bad thing — it's better to be too careful than not careful enough.
Is It Easy to Get Cards For My Employees?
It sure is! Chase Ink Business Cash will provide you with as many employee cards as you need, free of charge. You can even set individual spending limits on their cards while gaining full rewards for their purchases.
Are There Any Other Special Features?
Yes. Chase Ink also offers standard Visa credit card features, like purchase protections, extended warranties and more.
Should You Use Chase Ink Business Cash?
Chase Ink Business Cash earns a score of 4.5/5 in our book. We love the fact that they don’t charge an annual fee, and that they offer tons of valuable cash-back bonuses. So, are you ready to apply for your Chase Ink Business Cash credit card? Or would you rather take some time to look over your other options? Either way, simply use the buttons below!