Spark Miles Select for Business Pros & Cons
- My favorite thing about this card is that there’s no annual fee. Many cards charge up to $100 per year, so this is a major advantage for Spark Miles Select.
- You’ll receive 1.5 travel miles for each dollar you spend (most cards only offer 1 mile per dollar). Also, you’ll get 20,000 bonus miles if you spend $3k in your first 3 months as a cardholder.
- Spark Miles Select uses a variable APR system based on creditworthiness, so your rate could be as low as 13.99% if you have excellent credit. On the other hand...
- If your credit has some imperfections, your APR could be as high as 21.99%. This isn't the highest rate in the industry, but it’s not too far from it.
- Some cardholders say their Spark Miles Select credit limit is too low for it to function as a primary business credit card.
Spark Miles Select for Business Fees & Features
Let’s take a look at how Capital One advertises Spark Miles Select for Business on their own website, then we’ll talk details.
Spark Miles Select for Business offers traveling entrepreneurs a pretty attractive collection of features, including:
- No annual fee
- 1.5 miles per $1 spent
- 13.99%, 17.99% or 21.99% APR based on creditworthiness
- 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $3k in your first 3 months
- No foreign transaction fees
- Anti-fraud safeguards
If your business doesn’t accrue many travel expenses, Spark Miles Select probably isn’t the right choice for you. That said, if you’re looking for a card that combines solid mileage rewards with no annual fee and a fair APR, you should keep this card on your list!
Something I love about Capital One is that they have honest, comprehensive feedback sections for each of their credit cards on their own website.
When it comes to the Spark Miles Select card, most of the reviews are positive. Many customers comment on the card's generous travel rewards and Capital One's excellent customer service. However, some cardholders have complained about their credit limits being too low to use the card as often as they’d like to.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 11-15-17
- CapitalOne.com: 4.2/5, 281 reviews
Conclusion: The customer feedback realm holds mostly positive news for Spark Miles Select. Just make sure your credit limit is high enough for your needs, and you should be golden.
How Spark Miles Select Compares
Spark Miles Select for Business is a worthwhile option if you have frequent travel expenses, but it's certainly not the perfect fit for every entrepreneur. Let's see how Spark Miles Select compares to another Capital One product, the Spark Cash card.
Fees: Spark Cash comes with a $95 annual fee, although it's waived for the first year. Spark Miles Select does not charge an annual fee. Both cards are free of foreign transaction fees.
Cash back: With Spark Cash, you’ll receive 2% cash back on all purchases, with no limits. Spark Miles Select uses a travel mileage rewards system, offering 1.5 miles per dollar spent (comes out to a bit less than 2%).
Bonuses: Spark Cash offers a $500 cash bonus if you spend $4,500 in your first 3 months. Spark Miles Select will give you 20,000 bonus miles if you spend at least $3k in your first 3 months.
APR: Spark Cash offers a flat APR of 17.99%, whereas Spark Miles Select uses a variable APR system based on creditworthiness (13.99% to 21.99%).
Here's A Quick Visual
Spark Miles Select
Service Charge of $0
unlimited 1.5x mileage rewards per dollar spent
Perfect for: Anyone with excellent credit seeking a startup-friendly credit card
Service Charge of $95/year
unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases
Perfect for: Anyone seeking a business credit card with unlimited cash rewards
Frequently Asked Questions
Do They Provide Fraud Protection?
They sure do! All Spark Miles Select cardholders receive Capital One’s comprehensive fraud alerts, and have no liability for any fraudulent charges.
Is It Easy to Get Cards for My Employees?
Yes. Capital One provides employee cards free of charge, plus you’ll earn full mileage rewards for their purchases -- just like you would on your own card.
Are There Any Other Special Features?
Capital One also provides quarterly and annual summaries to help you with your budget. These customized, itemized reports can really simplify your bookkeeping!
Should You Use Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business?
Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business earns a score of 4.1/5 in my book. There’s no annual fee, and applicants with strong credit can get impressively low APRs. Whether you’re ready to apply for your own Capital One Spark Miles Select card or you'd like to review your other options, simply use the buttons below!