- My favorite feature of the Capital One Spark Classic for Business card is that there’s no annual fee. While some competing cards have annual fees of around $100, it’s great to save some cash by not paying one at all.
- You don’t need a spotless credit history to get a Spark Classic for Business card. Even if you have average credit or a somewhat limited credit history, you can still qualify for this card.
- Even with no annual fee and modest credit requirements, Spark Classic for Business is still able to offer some nice bonuses, including unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases.
- Spark Classic for Business comes with one of the highest APR rates in the industry. If you choose to use this card, you'll want to avoid carrying over large balances month-to-month.
Capital One Spark Classic for Business earns a score of 3.9/5 in my book. The card is relatively easy to obtain as far as your credit is concerned, and there’s no annual fee. If you need more time to review your options, simply use the button below!
Spark Classic for Business is a great choice for entrepreneurs with less-than-perfect credit histories. As I mentioned, there aren’t high credit requirements to acquire this card, and it’s more fully-featured than most other cards that accept average-credit applicants.
As a Spark Classic for Business cardholder, you’ll receive the following features:
- No annual fee
- 1% cash back with no limits
- No foreign transaction fees
- Comprehensive, zero-liability fraud protection
I should mention that, like most cards with “loose” credit requirements, your credit limit with Spark Classic for Business may be quite low. Some cardholders' limits are as low as $500, and it can take a while for Capital One to approve increases.
Typically, it's difficult to find customer reviews of specific credit cards on third-party review platforms. However, fortunately, Capital One has accumulated extensive feedback on Spark Classic for Business on their own website.
For the most part, this card gets great reviews -- many customers talk about how much it helped them improve their credit scores. However, there are also some unsatisfied cardholders who say the limit is too low to function as a business credit card.
Customer Reviews Section Last Updated 11-8-17
- CapitalOne.com: 4.5/5, 1,295 reviews
Conclusion: Most customers are quite satisfied with their Spark Classic for Business card, and the reviews largely reflect that. As long as you’re okay with having a relatively low credit limit, this card should work well for you.
Capital One Spark Classic for Business is a strong business credit card, but it may not be right for you. Let’s see how this card stacks up against another Capital One card with slightly higher credit requirements, Spark Cash.
Fees: Whereas Spark Classic has no annual fee, Spark Cash charges a $95 annual fee -- although they do waive it for your first year. Both cards have no foreign transaction fees.
Cash back: Spark Classic gives you 1% unlimited cash back, while Spark Cash offers 2%.
Bonuses: While Spark Classic doesn’t have any cash bonuses, Spark Cash offers a $500 bonus if you spend at least $4,500 in your first 3 months.
Here's A Quick Visual
Frequently Asked Questions
Do They Provide Fraud Protection?
They sure do. Capital One Spark Classic for Business includes comprehensive fraud coverage. You won’t have any liability for fraudulent charges, and you’ll be alerted about any suspicious activity on your account immediately.
Is It Easy to Get Cards for My Employees?
It’s about as simple as possible, and they won't cost you a dime! It’s easy to manage employee cards on Capital One’s website, plus you’ll earn full cash back on their purchases.
Are There Any Other Special Features?
Yes! Every Spark Classic for Business cardholder receives customized, itemized reports every quarter and at the end of every year.
Capital One Spark Classic for Business earns a score of 3.9/5 in my book. The card is relatively easy to obtain as far as your credit is concerned, and there’s no annual fee. If you’re ready to apply for a Spark Classic for Business card, or if you need more time to review your options, simply use the buttons below!