aBusiness Plan Pro has been in the game for over 30 years, so it’s no surprise that they remain one of the most well known business plan software systems out there. But, if you’re looking for something more lightweight, or prefer a monthly subscription service, we’ve got you covered.
Today, we’ll talk about our top three alternatives to Business Plan Pro’s desktop software. During this concise review, we’ll show you three companies, discuss some of our favorite features, as well as give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for each. So without further adieu, let’s get started!
Recommended Business Plan Software: LivePlan
1. LivePlan - $11.66 to $19.95/month
We’re starting off this countdown with one of our personal favorites. LivePlan has been a valuable tool for us since the beginning and we’ve had nothing but positive experiences with their web-based platform. Some of their best features include:
- 500+ Sample Plans: Looking for inspiration or need an example to get the ball rolling? LivePlan has over 500 sample plans available for you to look through and compare. Most of these have been submitted by users, and you can sort through them based on industry, size and location.
- Daily Performance Tracking: LivePlan allows you to keep track of your goals by monitoring your progress. As you continue to build your business plan, this feature marks all the benchmarks you’ve crossed, putting you even closer to launching your business.
- Pitch Builder: If you’re feeling apprehensive about making your pitch to investors, don’t worry. Pitch Builder lets you construct and prepare for your pitch so that when the time comes, you’re more than ready to succeed.
LivePlan was created by the same people that brought us Business Plan Pro, and continues to be their most popular web-based business plan creation software platform. It’s also one of their most affordable. Their monthly subscription starts at $19.95, but there’s a number of ways to shave off a little from that price tag. If you choose their annual payment plan, you can save 40% off the original fee. And, if you click the link below, you can actually get 25% off your first 3 months.
2. Enloop - Free to $39.95/month
Moving on to our number two slot, Enloop is a great Business Plan Pro alternative, with a special focus on preparing you for any of the road bumps you may experience down the road. They’ve created a number of features designed to easily teach you the best business planning practices, such as:
- Performance Scoring: Enloop’s performance scoring system allows you to see exactly what crucial additions you can make to your business plan. They look through your business plan and reward good planning by increasing your performance score, so you can strive for the best possible business plan.
- AutoWrite: Not fluent in the corporate mumbo jumbo just yet? No problem. With Enloop’s AutoWrite feature, you can say exactly what you like, and the platform selects the most common, industry standard verbiage to represent your vision.
- Report Cards: In addition to performance scoring, Enloop offers their Report Card feature as another tool to visualize the success of your business plan. When you think you’ve created the best business plan possible, Enloop’s report card feature grades it based on a few critical metrics that are vital to a successful business plan.
Similar to LivePlan, Enloop offers cost effective monthly subscription packages. Unlike LivePlan though, they offer multiple plan levels, so you can choose the number of features you’d like to have access to on a day-to-day basis. Their packages range from $6-$30, and their introductory package is completely free. While this free version can be a bit limiting, we love seeing companies offering entrepreneurs a chance to try a slice of their software risk free.
3. StratPad - Free to $199.95/month
To finish up our countdown, we’ve got StratPad. They’re a great option for both business planning creation, as well as business education. They combine educational material and financial planning to give you a robust package with three main categories, including:
- StratPad College: Stratpad college represents the educational hub of their platform. Here, you can listen to video lectures and get important advice on how to construct a business plan, as well as useful tips and tricks to running a successful business.
- StratPad Cloud: With Cloud, you can create your business plan using their web-based platform and generate financial reports.
- StratPad Connect: Like the name would suggest, StratPad Connect is designed to connect you with helpful business professionals like mentors, couches, accountants and bookkeepers so you can continue to go and learn as an entrepreneur.
StratPad offers their educational features completely free, so you can access it whenever you like. As for their other features, you can choose between two packages. Their introductory package starts at $19.99 and their premium package is $39.99, which is a little pricier than the previous two, but still a good deal.
Ready to Jump In?
Each of these Business Plan Pro alternatives can be a solid helping hand if you’re trying to get your business plan up to snuff. While we recommend all three of these alternatives, LivePlan still remains our personal favorite due to its simplicity and power. If you’d like to learn more about LivePlan, click the link below to head directly to their website. Cheers!