These days, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to have a good looking website. There’s no question about that.
And with WordPress, you’re able to build and customize your website literally in minutes. But to use WordPress you’ll need a reliable hosting provider to get it online and keep it that way. If you choose the wrong provider your site can crash, get hacked, and even go offline for long periods of time.
Bluehost is one of the leading providers in the web hosting industry, and is a great choice with many features to host your website efficiently. In fact, Bluehost is one of the largest and highest regarded website hosting firms today.
With a support team just a call (or web chat) away, a one click WordPress install, and an excellent record of accomplishment Bluehost is easily a favorite among customers. Including the wonderful website you’re reading this review on, StartupSavant.com.
But is Bluehost right for your website? Let’s dive in to find out.
Quick Note: If you decide Bluehost is right to host your future website and would like to give it a shot for just $3.95/month, try it risk free with their 30 day month back guarantee. Enjoy!
– A ton of room to grow your website. You have access of up to 100 branded email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, and 100 GB of website storage. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever outgrow and need more storage.
– 99.9% uptime guaranteed, meaning your website has a little chance of crashing or being down.
– Quick and easy WordPress installation.
– Easy-to-use control panel to manage every part of your website, from the site itself to your email addresses.
– Significant discounts for longer term hosting accounts. The longer your hosting account, the more money you save.
– $100 of Google advertising credit just for signing up with BlueHost.
– Ridiculously helpful 24/7 customer service via phone and chat if you have any questions or need help.
– Site speed can be a little slow. (Update 3/10/15: Bluehost has drastically improved their services.)
1) No monthly payment plan. When you sign up for an account with Bluehost you’ll be paying for the year. I paid for three years in advance and haven’t regretted it once.
2) Site Speed. A year or two ago I had a few issues with site speed, but recently they’ve improved their services significantly.
3) Free branded email accounts. This is a big deal for anyone who’s looking to save a little extra money. Instead of paying $5/month per account for business emails through a service like Google Apps, I get it free with my hosting account. And since I’ve got three team members, this feature is saving me $15 every month.
4) Unlimited domains under the same hosting account (with the Plus plan).
5) Free domain with your account signup. (Ok, after this I’ll stop showing you how cheap I am.) When you setup your hosting account through, you get a free domain for a year. This saved me $13.
My total savings within a 3 year period = about $643
Like I said earlier, Bluehost bills you annually rather than month to month. Which I personally like because you don’t have to worry about re-billing every month.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll pay when you use Bluehost:
($5.95 per month) for 12 months= $71.40
($4.95 per month) for 24 months= $118.80
($3.95 per month) for 36 months= $142.20
With the Plus plan you’ll pay $6.95 a month for unlimited everything. This plan is something you should only consider if you’re going to be building more than one website.
Who should use BlueHost:
Who should NOT use Bluehost:
If you think Bluehost is the right choice for your website, get started with it with it today. And if you end up not seeing it as an asset and a reliable hosting solution like I do – just ask for a refund within 30 days.
Bluehost has one of the most affordable plans in the web hosting industry. For just $3.49 every month, you can purchase the starter plan which has features such as a 100 GB space, 100 email accounts and 500GB email storage per account and a lot more. It’s not the lowest pricing in the industry – but it is very affordable and reliable. Which is what I find most important.
Everything is basically unlimited in Bluehost, it has unlimited hosting space, unlimited transfer file, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, unlimited storage and a lot more.
The longer you stay with Bluehost, the more perks and freebies you get. Even when you sign-up for their services, you get free branded emails and free web hosting domains. Bluehost also provides you with a free domain name, free site builder and free instant set-up.
One of Bluehost’s most notable feature is its customer support services which is always available to answer questions and concerns. If you experience technical problems, you can give their customer support team a call/chat and everything will be sorted out.
When trying a service or a product you have to look for a money back policy so that if you’re not 100% satisfied, you can get a refund. With Bluehost, you don’t have to worry because it has a 30 day money-back guarantee in place so you can try their services risk-free. No strings attached.
Aside from its freebies and perks, Bluehost also gives you an advertising bonus; for the starter plan the advertising bonus is worth $50. But for the Plus and Business Pro they have $200 worth of advertising bonuses – which can be used on platforms such as Google, Facebook, Bing, Twitter and a lot more.
Depending on your hosting needs, you can choose from the following types of hosting: shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, and Reseller hosting.
Unlike other web hosting firms, Bluehost is true to their 99.9% uptime guarantee as you will not experience downtime, crashing and even small loading problems. Bluehost has fast and excellent service based on my experience.
Bluehost was established in 1996 and since then it has helped many website owners put their sites online. It has more than 1.9 million websites and growing. Your website (and mine) is in good hands.
According to other user reviews, Bluehost has technical problems with their reseller accounts. However that is not the case in my personal experience.
Although Bluehost offers affordable plans, it doesn’t have the most affordable price point on the market. There are other web hosting companies that have much lower prices. Bluehost is not the lowest pricing in the industry – but it is very affordable and reliable. Which is what I find most important.
(Note: Don’t worry about this Bluehost con if you don’t have a website yet.) While some web hosting services offer migration for free, Bluehost charges $99.
Although Bluehost claims that their security measures are one of the best in the industry, there are users who complain about their websites being hacked. This is not the case in my experience, but apparently others have had an issue with security.
Bluehost has three very straightforward plans to choose from: the Starter, the Plus and the Business Pro. Below is a table that has all the complete details of the plans.
Bluehost doesn’t have monthly billing, it will only bill you yearly so you don’t have to worry about bills coming in every month. However, in the the table above, the fees are calculated per month, you just have to calculate them according to years.
In my opinion, these prices are reasonable, even the Business Pro plan, considering that you get a lot of features along with them.
If you want the best web hosting company for your business, look into Bluehost. I have been very happy with their services, features, and pricing and will continue to be a customer while I’m still in business.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this review are affiliate links and we earn a small commission if you decide to use them, allowing us to invest hours of research (from an entrepreneurs perspective) into every review – so you don’t have to.