These days, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to have a good looking website. There’s no question about that.
And with WordPress, you’re able to build and customize your website literally in minutes. But to use WordPress you’ll need a reliable hosting provider to get it online and keep it that way. If you choose the wrong provider your site can crash, get hacked, and even go offline for long periods of time.
Bluehost is one of the leading providers in the web hosting industry, and is a great choice with many features to host your website efficiently. In fact, Bluehost is one of the largest and highest regarded website hosting firms today.
With a support team just a call (or web chat) away, a one click WordPress install, and an excellent record of accomplishment Bluehost is easily a favorite among customers. Including the wonderful website you’re reading this review on, StartupSavant.com.
But is Bluehost right for your website? Let’s dive in to find out.
– A ton of room to grow your website. You have access of up to 100 branded email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, and 100 GB of website storage. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever outgrow and need more storage.
– 99.9% uptime guaranteed, meaning your website has a little chance of crashing or being down.
– Quick and easy WordPress installation.
– Easy-to-use control panel to manage every part of your website, from the site itself to your email addresses.
– Significant discounts for longer term hosting accounts. The longer your hosting account, the more money you save.
– $100 of Google advertising credit just for signing up with BlueHost.
– Ridiculously helpful 24/7 customer service via phone and chat if you have any questions or need help.
– Site speed can be a little slow. (Update 3/10/15: Bluehost has drastically improved their services.)
1) No monthly payment plan. When you sign up for an account with Bluehost you’ll be paying for the year. I paid for three years in advance and haven’t regretted it once.
2) Site Speed. A year or two ago I had a few issues with site speed, but recently they’ve improved their services significantly.
3) Free branded email accounts. This is a big deal for anyone who’s looking to save a little extra money. Instead of paying $5/month per account for business emails through a service like Google Apps, I get it free with my hosting account. And since I’ve got three team members, this feature is saving me $15 every month.
4) Unlimited domains under the same hosting account (with the Plus plan).
5) Free domain with your account signup. (Ok, after this I’ll stop showing you how cheap I am.) When you setup your hosting account through, you get a free domain for a year. This saved me $13.
My total savings within a 3 year period = about $643
Like I said earlier, Bluehost bills you annually rather than month to month. Which I personally like because you don’t have to worry about re-billing every month.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll pay when you use Bluehost:
($5.95 per month) for 12 months= $71.40
($4.95 per month) for 24 months= $118.80
($3.95 per month) for 36 months= $142.20
With the Plus plan you’ll pay $6.95 a month for unlimited everything. This plan is something you should only consider if you’re going to be building more than one website.
Who should use BlueHost:
Who should NOT use Bluehost:
If you think Bluehost is the right choice for your website, get started with it with it today. And if you end up not seeing it as an asset and a reliable hosting solution like I do – just ask for a refund within 30 days.
I still use Bluehost for several of my websites. Their version of WordPress (WordPress.org) is highly customizable WordPress.org, unlike WordPress.com below, which is less flexible.
– Tim Ferriss (Author of The 4-Hour Workweek)
I’ve used Bluehost since the beginning and trust them implicitly. All of my businesses run on them. I love their customer support, live chat, and reliability. I hear horror stories all the time from other online entrepreneurs dealing with massive hosting headaches. I never have them with Bluehost.
– Pat Flynn (Founder of SmartPassiveIncome.com)
As a business man, website is a must have one. After switching alot of hosts, finally joined BlueHost. Everything was easy, in a matter of minutes all of my website is transferred to the new one. I learned what you pay is what you get, but here in BlueHost you get alot more than you imagine. The support is better within just 1 hour, I get reply regarding issues. #Rocks
– Dean C.
Ok You totally ROCK because:
1) I am never on hold for very long (usually less than 1 minute)
2) I get a person who speaks clear English!!
3) Reps are INCREDIBLY PATIENT and stay with me on phone until problem is fixed
4) Related issue: They never seem to be in a hurry to “turn calls” or worry about some call quota.
5) All reps I have ever dealt with are very down to earth (never making me feel like the idiot I know that I am) or use technical language/bullshit.
6) They are willing to fix problems that Bluehost didn’t create (like when I upgrade my Apple IOS, all my settings get reconfigured and I can never figure out how to get them back to where they should be).
7) I will definitely be a LIFE TIME Bluehost customer (I have NEVER “price shopped” or looked at other providers)
– Paul D.
I’ve been BlueHost customer since 2011 and I always recommended my all clients and friends to this wonderful hosting. I have never come across any problem so far except one time when they locked out one of my hosting account. But they were very prompt in informing me and gave me reasons and then supported me till the issue is resolved and got my sites live within next few hours. I love their support.
– Saqib K.
When you start your website through our Bluehost partner link, we’ll donate a portion of all our revenue to a classroom in need through DonorsChoose.org. So far we’ve managed to help over 36,000 students acquire a more enriching education – some of which through this Bluehost review. (See our impact here)
Our impact has been made possible by our partnership with Bluehost, and we’re extremely excited to help even more students as we carry out our mission to support children’s education. You never know what our next generation is capable of. Thanks for your support!