BizFilings vs LegalZoom: Which is Better?
Welcome to Startup Savant’s comparative review tackling BizFilings vs LegalZoom, two heavy weights of the online incorporation industry that have started over 500,000 businesses.
We’re going to look at their similarities, differences, features, and pricing. By the end I’m confident you’ll know which is right for you as you take this gallant step into bringing your business idea to life.
What Sets These Two Apart
- They offer BizComply, a tool that works 24/7 to help you stay compliant with all legal documents needed to file throughout the lifetime of your business.
- BizFilings’ basic package is just $99, which is more affordable than LegalZoom’s basic package at $149. You save $50 by choosing BizFilings.
- Instead of a tracking tool, BizFilings sends you email updates on your order so you know exactly where you stand.
- LegalZoom has a tracking tool that allows clients to check the status of their orders in real time. You simply click “check order status,” enter your email and contact number and you’ll immediately know the score.
- Has a checking tool that automatically checks forms for spelling and grammar mistakes to ensure all your information is correct before being filed.
PRICING: BIZFILINGS VS LEGALZOOM
BIZFILINGS STARTs AT $99
The screenshot above from their site sums up costs, features and add-ons for each package.
All three packages have basic features such as business name verification, preparation and filing of all documents and BizComply. Along with their package prices, a mandatory state filing fee must also be paid. This fee varies state by state.
- Basic is $99: It has all the basic features mentioned. Additional services include compliance documents, company kit and seal, Federal tax ID, Compliance DVD and the Business License package.
- Standard is $349: Includes all the basic features with an additional sample compliance documents, company kit and seal. Not included in the package are the Federal tax ID, Compliance DVD and the Business License package.
- Complete is $448: Essentially the one-stop-shop of online incorporation packages that should pretty much take care of everything in one swoop.
LEGALZOOM STARTs AT $149
LegalZoom offers three straightforward packages: Economy, Standard and Express Gold. As you can see, the package with the best value is Express Gold. However, the Standard package is more popular. LegalZoom, like BizFilings, gives you the flexibility to choose which add-ons you want included.
- Economy: is $149. It also provides you with the complete information on the basics of starting a business such as filing state documents and your personalized Operating Agreement.
- Standard: is priced at $289. It includes all features that the Economy package has with an added bonus which includes a Deluxe LLC kit and three months of QuickBooks Online. This is the most common package people choose when using LegalZoom.
- Express Gold: has the best value at $359. The price is hefty but it is also packed with a lot of features including everything from the Standard package, attorney and tax support and a 30% discount for your Federal Tax ID.
Which Should You Choose?
Overall, BizFilings and LegalZoom are very similar (and reliable) with the biggest difference being price. If you’re looking to stay on budget while bringing your business to life, go with BizFilings.
BizFilings is $50 less than LegalZoom while still handling all legal paperwork on your behalf. No need to file any documents or learn legal-lingo. Plus BizFilings will give you a free Registered Agent, which is something every incorporated business needs.
Quick Note: If you’re looking for the best price and overall value, check out IncFile. They are $50 less than BizFilings and $100 less than LegalZoom. IncFile is just as reliable and at half the cost.
Save $50 With BizFilings