As the global remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Vancouver, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
WeWork Starts at 400 CAD/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Vancouver.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- Burrard Station: 595 Burrard St Vancouver, BC V7X 1L4
- 555 Burrard Street: 555 Burrard St Vancouver, BC V7X 1M8
- 333 Seymour Street: 333 Seymour St Vancouver, BC V6B 5A7
- 2015 Main Street: 2015 Main St Vancouver, BC V5T 3C2
- Marine Gateway: 450 Southwest Marine Dr Vancouver, BC V5X V42
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location:
- Hot desk (access to any seat in common area): 400-495 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 660 CAD/mo
- Private office: 850-900 CAD/mo
Suite Genius - Starting at 45 CAD/mo.
Suite Genius has two locations in Vancouver and offers a variety of coworking membership options. Members also enjoy 1-3 days of access at various other “coworking visa” locations worldwide.
Amenities include meeting room access, phone booths, a mailing address, printing services, and a lounge and kitchen.
- Kitsilano: 1965 W 4th Ave #202 Vancouver, BC V6J 1M8
- Mt. Pleasant: 225 W 8th Ave #300 Vancouver, BC V5Y 1N3
- Community (1 day of coworking/mo): 45 CAD/mo
- Virtual (4 days of coworking/mo): 95 CAD/mo
- Shared (unlimited weekday coworking): starting at 295 CAD/mo
- Permanent (24/7 private desk): starting at 495 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 1,195 CAD/mo
L’Atelier - Starts at 195 CAD/mo.
L’Atelier offers several membership options at its single location in the Gastown area of Vancouver. Members rave about the work environment and the owner/founder’s friendly and capable management.
Available amenities include mailbox services, meeting room access, printing services, discounted bike share plans, and 24/7 building access.
- 319 W Hastings St #400 Vancouver, BC V6B 1H6
- Day pass: 35 CAD
- Part-time hot desk (8 days or 60 hours): 195 CAD/mo
- Unlimited hot desk: 295 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at 450 CAD/mo
The Network Hub - Starts at 195 CAD/mo.
Established in 2006, The Network Hub has several locations across British Columbia, with one in Vancouver and one in nearby Richmond. Among the least expensive coworking spaces in the city, it is an affordable option that still provides the necessary amenities.
It offers mailbox rental, meeting room access, printing services, 24/7 building access, bike storage, and shower stalls.
- Vancouver: 422 Richards St #170 Vancouver, BC V6B 2Z4
- Richmond: 10013 River Drive #2030 Richmond, BC V6X 1Z2
- Hot desk drop-in: 5 CAD/hr
- Coworking pass: 195 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 350-450 CAD/mo
iQ Office Suites - Starts at 59 CAD/mo.
Along with several offices in Toronto, iQ Office Suites operates out of one location in Vancouver on the 21st floor of the Royal Centre building—featuring 360 degree views of the city.
Available amenities include printing and copying services, an engineered white noise system, free coffee, tea, and snacks, and 24/7 building access.
- 1055 W Georgia St Suite 2100 Vancouver, BC V6E 3P3
- Coworking: starting at 29 CAD/day
- Virtual office: 59-149 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at 599 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 1,500 CAD/mo
Werklab - Starts at 115 CAD/mo.
Werklab is a single-location coworking option in Vancouver that focuses on holistic wellness and hosts a variety of related events.
Members have access to an energy healing practitioner, a meditation zone, and an aromatherapy bar as well as traditional office amenities like meeting spaces, printing services, and private phone booths.
- 1275 Venables St #290 Vancouver, BC V6A 2C9
- Mobile (communal workspace, 7:30 am to 6 pm M-F): 115-290 CAD/mo
- Stationed (unlimited 24/7 access to a dedicated desk): 400 CAD/mo
- Studio (unlimited 24/7 access to a private office): starting at 1,100 CAD/mo
HiVE - Starts at 45 CAD/mo.
HiVE aims to support the social impact sector while catering to a wide variety of remote workers and entrepreneurs. In addition to offering coworking space, HiVE participates in a number of community partnerships and support groups.
Amenities include printing and copying services, unlimited coffee and tea, access to a kitchen and a lounge, and indoor bike storage.
- 210-128 W Hastings St Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8
- Virtual desk: 45 CAD/mo
- Hot desk (5-20 hrs/mo): 49-105 CAD/mo
- Hot desk (50-100 hrs/mo): 209-315 CAD/mo
- Hot desk unlimited: 369 CAD/mo
- Permanent desk: starting at 415 CAD/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Vancouver that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.