As the global remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 6 coworking spaces in Sydney, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
Starts at 450 AUD/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Sydney.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- 100 Harris Street: 100 Harris St Sydney, NSW 2009
- 64 York Street: 64 York St Sydney, NSW 2000
- 333 George Street: 333 George St Level 13 Sydney, NSW 2000
- 5 Martin Place: 5 Martin Pl Sydney, NSW 2000
- 383 George Street: 383 George St Sydney, NSW 2000
- 161 Castlereagh Street: 161 Castlereagh St Sydney, NSW 2000
- 1 Sussex Street: 1 Sussex St Barangaroo, Sydney, NSW 2000
- 50 Carrington Street: 50 Carrington St Sydney, NSW 2000
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location:
- Hot desk (access to any seat in a common area): 450-550 AUD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 550-920 AUD/mo
- Private office: 850-1,250 AUD/mo
#1. Desk Space
Starts at 50 AUD/wk.
Desk Space, which operates out of a single location, was founded in 2009 and stakes claim to being Sydney’s first coworking space.
Members have noted Desk Space’s professional atmosphere and valuable networking opportunities. Advertised features include 24/7 access, meeting rooms, mail service, and member events.
- 85 William St Levels 1-3 Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
- Virtual: starting at 50 AUD/wk
- Flex (1 day/week access): starting at 75 AUD/wk
- Open plan (24/7 access): starting at 150 AUD/wk
- Private office: starting at 720 AUD/wk
Starts at 450 AUD/mo.
Not-for-profit coworking space Fishburners offers a variety of coworking membership options in its Sydney location, which is now housed in the Sydney Startup Hub — a 17,000 sqm innovation center.
Members also have access to Fishburners locations in Brisbane and Shanghai, with advertised amenities including 24/7 access, meeting rooms, a permanent mailing address, and free tea and coffee.
- 11 York St Level 2 Sydney, NSW 2000
- Community: 450 AUD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 550 AUD/mo
- Dedicated team: 650 AUD/mo
Starts at 40 AUD/day
Aeona was founded in 2011 by two brothers and has one location in Sydney, advertising a 20-second walk from central station.
Amenities include 24-hour access, a meeting room, multiple boardrooms, shower facilities, a kitchen, and a rooftop terrace that members rave about.
- 1-9 Buckingham St Surry Hills, NSW 2010
- Day pass: starting at 50 AUD
- Casual: starting at 40 AUD/day
- Full-time dedicated desk: starting at 140 AUD/wk
#1. Haymarket HQ
Starts at 100 AUD/mo.
Not-for-profit Haymarket HQ has a single location in Sydney and focuses on connecting entrepreneurs with markets in Asia.
Haymarket offers 24-hour access, meeting rooms, mail service, printing, a kitchen, and unlimited tea and coffee.
- 63 Dixon St Level 2 Haymarket, NSW 2000
- Day pass: 40 AUD
- Nomad (9 am to 5 pm access, 4 days/mo): 100 AUD/mo
- Part-time (24/7 access, 12 days/mo): 300 AUD/mo
- Full-time (24/7 permanent desk): 450 AUD/mo
#1. Work Club
Work Club has an international coworking presence, including two luxurious locations in Sydney. Members have access to offices in 11 different countries.
Work Club advertises a premium design and amenities that include 24/7 access, mail service, printing and copying, meeting rooms, tea and coffee, and a podcast studio.
- Supreme Court: 99 Elizabeth St Level 8, Sydney NSW 2000
- Barangaroo: 201 Kent St Level 6 Sydney NSW 2000
Work Club offers three different membership options: coworking, dedicated desks, and private suites. Unfortunately, they don’t advertise their prices online. To get a quote, contact their team directly.
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Sydney that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.