As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in the SF Bay Area, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
#1WeWork Starts at $370/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful and plentiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in the San Francisco area.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- Riverpark Tower: 333 West San Carlos St San Jose, CA 95110
- 400 Concar Dr: 400 Concar Dr San Mateo, CA 94402
- Mid-Market: 995 Market St San Francisco, CA 94103
- 600 California Street: 600 California St 11th Floor San Francisco, CA 94108
- 353 Sacramento St: 353 Sacramento St San Francisco, CA 94111
- 1 Post Street: 1 Post St San Francisco, CA 94104
- Watergate Office Tower: 1900 Powell St Emeryville, CA 94608
- Golden Gate: 25 Taylor St San Francisco, CA 94102
- SOMA: 156 2nd St San Francisco, CA 94105
- Civic Center: 1161 Mission St San Francisco, CA 94103
- Montgomery Station: 44 Montgomery St San Francisco, CA 94104
- Jackson Square: 655 Montgomery St San Francisco, CA 94111
- Embarcadero Center: 2 Embarcadero Center 8th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111
- 650 California Street: 650 California St San Francisco, CA 94108
- Berkeley: 2120 University Ave Berkeley, CA 94704
- Transbay: 535 Mission St 14th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105
- Valley Towers: 74 E Santa Clara St San Jose, CA 95113
- City Center: 1111 Broadway 3rd Floor Oakland, CA 94607
- 1 Belvedere Drive: 1 Belvedere Dr Mill Valley, CA 94941
- Crossroads: 1825 South Grant St San Mateo, CA 94402
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location.
- Hot desk (access to any seat in a common area): starting at $370/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at $475/mo
- Private office: starting at $700/mo
#2Spaces - Starts at $330/mo.
Founded in Amsterdam, Spaces now operates coworking locations all over the world, including four in the Bay Area. Membership to a single Spaces location allows access to any of their offices worldwide.
Other amenities include barista coffee, locker storage, high-speed WiFi, reception, mail handling, and private phone booths.
- Mission and 3rd: 95 3rd St 2nd Floor San Francisco, CA 94103
- Levi’s Plaza: 1160 Battery St East San Francisco, CA 94111
- Clocktower: 3 East 3rd Ave San Mateo, CA 94401
- By Santana Row: 3031 Tisch Way 110 Plaza West San Mateo, CA 95128
- Membership: starting at $330/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at $500/mo
- Private office: starting at $850/mo
#3CANOPY - Starts at $275/mo.
CANOPY believes in the importance of a spacious, distraction-free workspace, and offers three locations in San Francisco. They have flexible options to suit any kind of entrepreneur or freelancer.
Their amenities include Blue Bottle coffee, Soda Streams, private phone booths, a full-sized kitchen, 24/7 building access, mail services, and HD video conferencing.
- Pacific Heights: 2193 Fillmore St San Francisco, CA 94115
- Jackson Square: 595 Pacific Ave 4th Floor San Francisco, CA 94133
- Financial District: 353 Kearny St San Francisco, CA 94108
- Nomad (60 days per year): $275/mo
- Shared table (10 days per month): $375/mo
- Community table (unlimited hot desk access): $595/mo
- Personal desk: starting at $850/mo
- Private office: starting at $1,835/mo
#4PARISOMA - Starts at $325/mo.
PARISOMA was founded in 2008 and emphasizes openness and collaboration. They host a number of events and classes for their members.
Other amenities include a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee and tea, high-speed internet, unlimited printing, phone booths, and bike racks.
- 169 11th St: 169 11th St San Francisco, CA 94103
- Open space: starting at $325/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at $495/mo
- Private office: starting at $1,500/mo
#5TechSpace - Starts at $300/mo.
TechSpace has offices across the country, with one conveniently located in San Francisco’s Union Square.
Amenities include a game room with foosball and ping-pong, fresh coffee and tea, phone booths, bike racks, fruit-infused water, member happy hours, and business and mail services.
- Union Square: 77 Geary St San Francisco, CA 94108
- Flexspace: starting at $300/mo
- Private office (up to 2 people): starting at $1,800/mo
#6Bespoke San Francisco - Starts at $404/mo.
Bespoke San Francisco was founded in 2015 and offers a unique combination of coworking, event, and demo space. Plus, they’re conveniently located in Westfield San Francisco.
Amenities include 24/7 access, high-speed WiFi, bocce ball, a bouldering wall, a library with sleep nooks, a shared kitchen, bike storage, and private phone booths.
- 84 Market St: 84 Market St Level 4 San Francisco, CA 94105
- Day pass: $35
- Shared desk: $404/mo
- Private desk: $625/mo
#7Covo - Starts at $419/mo.
Covo has two locations, one in St. Louis and one in San Francisco. Their San Francisco location is located in an old tri-level printing warehouse and it features an on-site coffee shop and taproom.
Amenities include 24/7 access, mail services, printing, coffee and tea, futuristic toilets, bike rooms, dry cleaning on-site, and phone booths.
- 981 Mission St: 981 Mission St San Francisco, CA 94103
- Hourly coworking: $4/hr
- Open seating: $419/mo
- Dedicated desk: $569/mo
- Private office: $819/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in the SF Bay Area that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities, and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.