As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in the Raleigh-Durham area, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
WeWork Starts at $375/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful and plentiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Raleigh-Durham.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- One City Center: 110 Corcoran St Durham, NC 27701
- One Glenwood: 1 Glenwood Ave Raleigh, NC 27603
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks, and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location.
- Dedicated desk: starting at $375/mo
- Private office: starting at $500/mo
American Underground - Starts at $129/mo.
Founded in 2010 on the historic American Tobacco Campus, American Underground operates out of four locations in the Raleigh-Durham area.
Members can access all four locations, and amenities include 24/7 access, conference and call rooms, standing desks, mailboxes, and free coffee.
- Main: 201 W Main St Suite 100 Durham, NC 27701
- ATC: 318 Blackwell St Durham, NC 27701
- Market: 212 W Main St Durham, NC 27701
- Raleigh: 213 Fayetteville St Raleigh, NC 27601
- Hot desk (weekend/evening access): $129/mo
- Hot desk (24/7 access): $229/mo
- Dedicated desk: $329/mo
- Private office: starting at $379/mo
Nest Raleigh - Starts at $25/mo.
Located downtown, Nest Raleigh offers several coworking options out of its three floors of office space.
Nest members can enjoy 24/7 access, a conference room, phone booths, a full kitchen, mail service, and coffee and beer.
- 414 Fayetteville St: 414 Fayetteville St 2nd, 3rd & 4th Floor Raleigh, NC 27601
- Hot desk (2 days per month): $25/mo
- Hot desk (24/7 access): $200/mo
- Dedicated desk: $300/mo
- Private suite: pricing not advertised
Industrious - Starts at $347/mo.
Another coworking space with a national footprint, Industrious has one location in Raleigh in the LEED platinum-certified Charter Square complex.
Amenities include conference rooms, relaxation rooms, unlimited free printing, and a coffee bar and lounge.
- 555 Fayetteville St: 555 Fayetteville St 3rd Floor Raleigh, NC 27601
- Hot desk: starting at $347/mo
- Private office: starting at $567/mo
Gridworks - Starts at $99/mo.
An independent division of the American Underground coworking space, Gridworks takes up 7000 sq/ft of mezzanine-level space in the historic Kress Building in downtown Durham.
Its space includes 24/7 access, conference rooms, phone rooms, printing, mail service, and locally roasted coffee.
- 103 W Main St: 103 W Main St Durham, NC 27701
- Student: $99/mo
- Weekend + evening: $169/mo
- First-year freelancer: $199/mo
- Open coworking: starting at $249/mo
- Dedicated desk: $449/mo
- Single-person office: $599/mo
- Private office: starting at $1,300/mo
Loading Dock Raleigh - Starts at $75/mo.
Loading Dock Raleigh offers a coworking space with high ceilings, plenty of light, and both indoor and outdoor seating.
Amenities include free parking, meeting rooms, printing and copying, shower and locker facilities, mail services, and free coffee.
- 1053 E Whitaker Mill Rd: 1053 E Whitaker Mill Rd Suite 115 Raleigh, NC 27604
- Virtual office: $75/mo
- Hot desk (8 days per month): $125/mo
- Hot desk (9am to 5pm access): $200/mo
- Hot desk (7am to 7pm access): $275/mo
- Hot desk (24/7 access): $325/mo
- Dedicated desk: $400/mo
- Private office: starting at $900/mo
Located in nearby downtown Carrboro, Perch provides a coworking option for freelancers and remote workers just outside Durham.
It offers a wide variety of amenities, including mail service, 24/7 access, outdoor seating, printing, a mini kitchen, free parking, and yoga classes.
- 106 S Greensboro St E: 106 S Greensboro St E Carrboro, NC 27510
- Hot desk: $150/mo
- Dedicated desk: $250-$275/mo
- Private office: $425/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in the Raleigh-Durham area that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities, and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.