As the U.S. remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Portland, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
1. WeWork Starts at $295/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful and plentiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Portland.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- 920 SW 6th Ave: 920 SW 6th Ave Portland, OR 97204
- Pioneer Place: 700 SW Fifth Ave Portland, OR 97204
- Custom House: 220 NW 8th Ave Portland, OR 97209
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location.
- Hot desk (any available seat in a common area): starting at $295/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at $380/mo
- Private office: starting at $600/mo
2. Collective Agency Starts at $100/mo.
Collective Agency members have access to both the Division and Downtown locations. The Downtown space features views from the 11th floor.
Amenities include 24/7 access, conference rooms, phone rooms, visitor passes, shower facilities, bike parking, and free coffee and tea.
- Division: 3050 SE Division St Suite 245 Portland, OR 97202
- Downtown: 511 SW 10th Ave Suite 1108 Portland, OR 97205
- Limited coworking (6 days/mo): $100-$120/mo
- Unlimited coworking: $208-$250/mo
- Dedicated desk: $266-$320/mo
3. NedSpace Starts at $175/mo.
Founded in 2009, NedSpace operates out of 15,000 sq/ft on the 11th floor of the Union Bank building in downtown Portland and stakes claim as the city’s first coworking space.
In addition to its view of the city, NedSpace offers 24/7 access, a conference room, free printing, free coffee, bike parking, shower facilities, a kitchen, and a ping-pong table.
- 707 SW Washington St: 707 SW Washington St Suite 1100 Portland, OR 97205
- Hot desk: $175-$275/mo
- Dedicated desk: $375-$475/mo
- Private office: starting at $475/mo
4. TenPod Starts at $250/mo.
TenPod operates out of three very different locations, including one in the eye-catching Fair-Haired Dumbbell building.
Membership options vary depending on location, but amenities include 24/7 access, a conference room, phone booths, storage space, and a kitchen.
- St. Johns: 8791 N Lombard St Portland, OR 97203
- Dumbbell: 11 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland, OR 97214
- Fremont: 3435 NE 45th Ave Portland, OR 97213
- Hot desk: $250-$375/mo
- Dedicated desk: $395/mo
5. Urban Office Starts at $295/mo.
Housed in the former home of several local radio stations, Urban Office offers coworking and rentable event space in its renovated building.
Members can enjoy 24/7 access, meeting room usage, an on-site fitness center, a shower, lockers, printing, free parking, bike parking, and a kitchen with tea, coffee, and beer.
- 4949 DW Macadam Ave: 4949 SW Macadam Ave Portland, OR 97239
- Hot desk: $295/mo
- Dedicated desk: $495/mo
- Private office: starting at $995/mo
6. Clean Slate Studios Starts at $200/mo.
Clean Slate Studios has one location in Portland, operating out of a converted warehouse space in the Piedmont neighborhood.
Clean Slate advertises larger-than-average desks, 24/7 access, easy parking, printing and scanning, and free coffee.
- 55 NE Farragut St: 55 NE Farragut St #3 Portland, OR 97211
- Hot desk: $200/mo
- Dedicated desk: $250/mo
- Corner desk: $350/mo
7. Desk and Mug Starts at $185/mo.
Desk and Mug’s solar powered coworking space is conveniently located near bus, bike, and light rail routes.
Its amenities include 24/7 access, a conference room, printing and copying, storage areas, off-street parking, and free coffee.
- 6006 NE Glisan: 6006 NE Glisan St Portland, OR 97213
- Hot desk: $185-$225/mo
- Dedicated desk: $300-$350/mo
- Corner desk: $400-$450/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Portland that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities, and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.