As the global remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Montreal, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
WeWork Starts at 275 CAD/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Montreal.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- Place Ville Marie: 3 Place Ville Marie Suite 400, Montreal, QC H3B 2E3
- L’Avenue: 275 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montreal, Montreal, QC H3B 0G4
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location:
- Hot desk (access to any seat in common area): 275 CAD/mo
- Dedicated desk: 420 CAD/mo
- Private office: 650-690 CAD/mo
Le Tableau Blanc - Starts at 250 CAD/mo.
Founded in 2016, Le Tableau Blanc operates out of one airy, bright location that offers 24/7 building access. Its owner, a sociologist by training, and the space have received rave reviews from customers regarding customer service and a welcoming atmosphere.
All membership options include high-speed internet, conference room access, personal lockers, and a shared kitchen.
- 900 Rue Lacasse Montreal, QC H4C 2Z3
- Free workstation: starting at 250 CAD/mo
- Dedicated workstation: starting at 350 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 550 CAD/mo
Montreal CoWork - Starts at 255 CAD/mo.
Montreal CoWork has one location in the Plateau-Mont Royal area of Montreal, complete with a rooftop terrace overlooking the neighborhood. In addition to its coworking space, Montreal CoWork hosts regular business lectures and workshops.
It advertises amenities such as meeting room access, printing, virtual business addresses, bike storage, on-site showers, and a large parking lot.
- 4388 St. Denis St #200 Montreal, QC H2J 2L1
- Daily: 45 CAD/day
- Daily with subscription: 25 CAD/day + 30 CAD/mo
- Unlimited: 255 CAD/mo
- Unlimited fixed line: starting at 335 CAD/mo
Dok Station - Starts at 30 CAD/mo.
Just a five minute walk from two metro stations, Dok Station’s downtown location offers both daily and monthly rentals for coworking and private office space.
Amenities include a business address, mail management, high-speed wifi, access to conference rooms, and a business lounge.
- 1176 Bishop St Montreal, QC H3G 2E3
- Business address: 30 CAD/mo
- Coworking: 35 CAD/day or 295 CAD/mo
- Private office: starting at 80 CAD/day or 650 CAD/mo
ECTO - Starts at 250 CAD/mo.
ECTO offers competitively priced private office space in its location in the Plateau neighborhood of Montreal. Placing an emphasis on developing a strong community atmosphere, Plateau hosts a group salad lunch each Thursday.
Members of the collective receive discounted plan options as well as extended access to the workspace. Amenities include conference room access, high-speed internet, and a fully-equipped kitchen.
- 936 Mont-Royal Ave E Montreal, QC H2J 1X2
- Daily pass: starting at 15 CAD/day
- Flexible office: starting at 250 CAD/mo
- Fixed office: starting at 350 CAD/mo
Crew Collective & Cafe - Starts at 100 CAD/mo.
Crew Collective & Cafe is a unique hybrid space located in old Montreal on the ground floor of the original headquarters of the Royal Bank of Canada.
Anyone can work for free in the cafe space, while private workspaces with additional features are available for a fee. Amenities include 24/7 building access, meeting rooms, a private bathroom, a kitchen, and balcony access.
- 360 St. Jacques St Montreal, QC H2Y 1P5
- Cafe seating: Free
- Day pass: 20 CAD/day on weekends, 30 CAD/day on weekdays
- Air desk: 100-200 CAD/mo
- Designated workspace: 300-400 CAD/mo
- Premium workspace: 500-600 CAD/mo
Esplanade - Starts at 200 CAD/mo.
Not-for-profit Esplanade has one location in Montreal and focuses on social entrepreneurship and innovation. Its brightly lit space features more than 150 plants.
It offers access to meeting rooms, high-speed internet, a kitchen with kombucha on tap, printing and copying services, and changing rooms and lockers.
- 6750 Avenue de l'Esplanade Montreal, QC H2V 4M1
- Flex 1 (1 day 9am-5pm): 25 CAD
- Flex 20 (20 days 9am-5pm): 380 CAD
- Part-time (24-hour access): 200 CAD/mo
- Full-time (24-hour access): 350 CAD/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Montreal that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.