As the global remote workforce has grown steadily larger, there has been an increasing demand for sustainable remote workspaces. While plenty of folks still opt for working from home or the neighborhood coffee shop, there are many reasons why these spaces may not provide a healthy, productive work environment.
Coworking organizations like WeWork have filled the need for dedicated remote workspaces by creating beautiful offices across the country (and around the globe). These spaces, which are currently being leveraged by companies like Facebook and Microsoft, also create opportunities for remote workers to network and foster community with other like-minded individuals.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top 7 coworking spaces in Manchester, including each organization’s pricing model, coworking locations, and more.
1. WeWork Starts at £250/mo.
WeWork is perhaps the fastest-growing coworking network in existence today. Their competitive prices, beautiful office spaces, and generous amenities make them our top choice for coworking in Manchester.
WeWork advertises fast internet, daily cleaning, IT support, 24/7 building access, office supplies, business-class printers, micro-roasted coffee, private phone booths, and conference room access.
- No. 1 Spinningfields: Quay Street Manchester MAN M3 3JE
- One St. Peter’s Square: 1 St Peter's Square Manchester MAN M2 3DE
WeWork’s pricing is divided into three categories: hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices. Below is the price range for each (depending on location). Note that not all categories are available in each location:
- Hot desk (access to any seat in a common area): starting at £250/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at £285-£290/mo
- Private office: starting at £460/mo
2. Bruntwood Starts at £100/mo.
Bruntwood is another coworking option in Manchester that offers multiple locations. In addition to the buildings below, Bruntwood operates other spaces that include meeting rooms and permanent office space.
The spaces are available 24/7, and members have access to meeting rooms, phone booths, shower facilities, and other Bruntwood locations.
- 111 Piccadilly: 111 Piccadilly Manchester Greater Manchester M1 2HY
- Neo: Charlotte Street Manchester Greater Manchester M1 4ET
- Manchester Technology Centre: Oxford Road, Manchester, Greater Manchester M1 7ED
- Trafford House: Trafford House Chester Rd Stretford Manchester M32 0RS
- No. 1 Circle Square (due summer 2020): Oxford Road Manchester M1 7ED
- No. 2 Circle Square (due summer 2020): Oxford Road Manchester M1 7ED
- Hot desk: starting at £100/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at £295/mo
3. Colony Starts at £200/mo.
Colony operates out of a single location in the Ancoats area of Manchester. Situated next to lively Cutting Room square, the building features a roof terrace that overlooks the historic Mills of Ancoats.
The site offers 24/7 access, printing, meeting rooms, free refreshments, bike racks, showers, and mail handling.
- Jactin house, 24 Hood St Manchester M4 6WX
- Day pass: starting at £20
- Hot desk: starting at £200/mo
- Dedicated desk: starting at £250/mo
4. Workplace Starts at £11/day
With a background in the hotel industry, Workplace’s founders make customer service a top priority, and members speak highly of the support they receive while working there.
Workplace offers flexible contracts, bike storage, shower facilities, fast wifi, and unlimited coffee.
- 4th floor Churchgate House, 56 Oxford Street Manchester M1 6EU
- Day pass: £25
- Coworking membership: starting at £11/day
- Dedicated desk: starting at £275/mo
5. Beehive Lofts Starts at £250/mo.
Beehive Lofts was founded in 2014 and only offers dedicated desk memberships for a minimum term of one month, focusing on building a stable and sustainable community.
Members have access to meeting rooms, mail handling service, a 26” personal computer monitor if desired, bike storage, and free refreshments.
- Beehive Mill Jersey St Manchester M4 6JG
- Dedicated desk: starting at £250/mo
6. The Assembly Starts at £10/day
Situated a 10-minute walk from two separate rail stations, The Assembly offers hot desk and dedicated desk options from its location in Manchester City Centre.
The Assembly offers 24/7 access, meeting rooms, free tea and coffee, and networking events.
- Virginia House, 5-7 Great Ancoats St Manchester M4 5AD
- Hot desk: starting at £10/day
- Dedicated desk: starting at £180/mo
7. OpenSpace Co-operative Starts at £162/mo.
OpenSpace Co-operative provides a more affordable coworking option in Manchester, while still offering a wide range of amenities.
24/7 access is available, and members can take advantage of meeting room space, free tea and coffee, printing, and free off-street parking.
- 41 Old Birley St Manchester M15 5RF
Pricing (includes VAT):
- Non-member 1-day: £18
- Non-member 24/7: £162/mo
- Member 24/7: £116/mo
Which Coworking Service Should I Use?
Whether you work in graphic design, software development, or any other field that calls for a remote workspace, we trust that WeWork will have an office in Manchester that suits your needs.
That said, if you’re looking for the least expensive coworking space possible, or perhaps an office in a specific part of town, there are many other worthwhile options on this list. We encourage you to compare prices, locations, amenities and other important factors before deciding which coworking space is right for you.