Welcome to Startup Savant’s quick & easy AccountEdge Review that’s designed to help you decide whether it’s a good software solution for your platform.
Popular Features of AccountEdge Software
- Has basic accounting tools that help you create ledgers, accounts payable and receivable.
- Has billing and invoicing features which allows you to create and customize your invoices. Automatic billing and transactions are also featured.
- Accepts credit card processing.
- Automatically generates financial reports such as balance sheets, cash flow statements, profit and loss statements and sales reports.
- Bank reconciliation tool that enables you to sync your bank accounts and credit card info as well as your transactions.
- Tax feature supports 1099 and W2.
- You can integrate numerous business applications to your AccountEdge account.
- Always improves their services either with new features or better tools in their interface.
- Has a serialized inventory feature that allows resellers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and other item-based businesses to track serial numbers.
- Commission tracking tool that enables you to choose a fixed-price percentage per item or activity.
- Payroll integration which makes your task in paying employees as easy as possible.
- If you have an accountant, AccountEdge can send them a copy so you can share your files and collaborate.
- The downloadable version is honestly the most expensive in the accounting software industry. Xero, our favorite, is significantly more affordable.
- Can’t be accessed without an available internet connection.
- As you can see above, some people feel the user-interface or usability is rather complex. Xero is far more streamlined and intuitive.
- May not be as comprehensive as your startup or company requires.
- Not fit for medium-sized businesses and large enterprise.
A Quick Look Inside AccountEdge
To be honest, we would have loved to add plenty of screen shots (which we usually do) but they primarily showcase their software through 2-5 minutes videos on their website and screen shots of them just don’t look that great. Below are the best ones we could get and hopefully they help give you an idea of how the software behaves and feels to use.
Very Apple-style (they offer both Mac and Windows versions though) in presentation and user-interface. Also very much designed for desktops, laptops and bigger devices rather than mobile phones or smart phones…although they definitely offer a mobile app version with decent integration.
AccountEdge has two simple plans: the AccountEdge Basic ($99) and the AccountEdge Pro ($399). Here’s a table that will show you each plan’s specific details.
Leverage AccountEdge Software If…
- You want to constantly update yourself on the financial status of your business through reports.
- You want to establish a flow to your business operations and monitor each aspect through a dashboard.
- You want to save as much space or storage as AccountEdge is 100% web-based.
- You want to make sure that you’re following standard regulations and rules when it comes to your accounting practices.
- You’re not on a budget, or would prefer much higher-priced accounting software.
The Final Verdict
So, as you can see we feel that while AccountEdge has great capabilities, it's very complex. expensive and the user-interface isn't exactly friendly for beginners or those with less savvy. Check out Xero to see why it's our favorite and why we use it to help run Startup Savant smoothly.
Discover Xero Or Try AccountEdge
Our Most Popular Resource Reviews