Welcome to the Startup Savant comparative article covering the MyNewCompany vs LegalZoom controversy. Some people find it tough to decide between the two and this helpful little guide does a good job of summarizing their commonalities, feature selection, packages, and pricing all in one place complete with helpful screenshots.
And don’t worry, if you’re still in an indecisive mood in a couple minutes from now we’ve got our recommended pick at the end. Enjoy!
Benefits My New Company and LegalZoom Share in Common
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- They help you stay compliant for the lifetime of your business through their compliance tools.
- 100% satisfaction and money back guarantees so you can work with either essentially risk-free.
- Both pride themselves and are well-known for their highly accessible (live, email, phone, etc.) customer support teams.
- Both offer affordable incorporation bundles packed with helpful features.
Cool? We started with their commonalities to reinforce the fact that no matter which one you choose, you’ll be in good hands. They’ll get things taken care of and make the process a cake walk without the (potential) hassles and (much higher) cost of working with a law firm.
The Most Popular My New Company Features
- Has a super-user-friendly website that’s fabulously organized and easy to navigate.
- Provides a free startup guide specific to the client’s state.
- Maintains a 98% customer recommendation rate.
- You get annual checklists to help keep your company squeaky clean and compliant.
3 LegalZoom Features Startups Adore
- Provides clients with easy-to-answer questionnaires to help ensure that they don’t make mistakes while filling up legal forms and documents.
- LegalZoom has an automatic checker that makes sure that purchased forms and filled-up documents are error-free.
- It’s one of the few providers that offers legal advice and will answer legal questions. LegalZoom can arrange a meeting with an affordable attorney.
Incorporation Pricing: My New Company vs LegalZoom
When it comes to these two companies prices, there’s definitely a huge difference in terms of stick price. But when you dig into the features and offerings you’ll see that it’s really about which is better suited for your particular situation. Let’s dive in.
My New Company Pricing | Starting at $79
My New Company’s package options are the Basic, Entrepreneur and Complete. While other providers create huge text-walls to show everything included, they make the beginning of the process and assessing price variations a bit easier.
All three packages have basic features such as immediate delivery of scanned filings, order tracking tool, compliance tool, unlimited phone/email support, lifelong access to “My Account”, free company alerts and free shipping.
- Basic: unlimited name availability searches, articles of organization filing, personalized organizational minutes, personalized LLC operating agreement, The New LLC Handbook, startup checklist, free business tax consultation and free marketing consultation.
- Entrepreneur: package has all the basic features and services of the Basic package with a few good additions like Registered Agent Service, Compliance Lock and the Business Credit Wizard.
- Complete: Additional services such as Compliance Lock and the Business Credit Wizard. Fabulous value.
If you compare My New Company’s prices from LegalZoom, you can see that it is much cheaper. At $79, you will be able to start incorporating your business and save $70 in the process.
LegalZoom Pricing | Starting at $149
Like My New Company, LegalZoom also has three very straightforward package options: Economy, Standard and Express Gold.
Considered to have the best value is the Express Gold. It has all the features that you could ask for. Aside from this, the Express Gold package also has a priority turnaround of 7 to 10 days, so you’ll immediately get your filed documents. LegalZoom’s packages are undeniably higher than My New Company’s, but it also has a lot of features that are unique only to the company.
Which Should You Choose?
They're a very popular option in the industry no doubt about it. They also can incorporate your business fast and at an affordable price.
At the end of the day though, with My New Company you'll save between $70-$80 and still have a service you can rely on.
My New Company Or LegalZoom