Hello, and welcome to Startup Savant’s Kashoo Review where we’ll take you through their most popular features, package options, and pricing to see if they’re a good fit for your platform. At the end we’ll also talk a little bit about our favorite pick. Enjoy!
What You Need to Know About Kashoo
- Provides a simple, accessible, accurate, organized and secure way of dealing with your business finances.
- Create, customize, and send professional invoices to your clients and get paid faster.
- Sync bank accounts and transactions with your account in Kashoo and be able to view everything at once. Kashoo’s bank reconciliation feature is available in over 5000 banks worldwide.
- Collaborating with your employees, business partners, and even your accountant is great because Kashoo enables you to do permission-based sharing so you’ll be able to work securely together with other professionals.
- Tracking your expenses is easy. All you have to do is take a picture of the receipt and enter it into your Kashoo account.
- Generates all the reports you need from accounts-receivable to profit & loss and more – leading to better business decisions.
- With Kashoo, you don’t have to worry about data being lost or copied because the software has bank-level encryption, automatic backups and PIN and Touch ID mobile security to ensure information is safe.
- Keeps track of the status of your business through real-time reports from income, expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Has integrated apps into its system to help you with anything from payroll to invoicing and tons more.
- Through Kashoo’s quick-entry feature, you’ll be able to enter any data in just one click and see it all at once in your screen.
- Has a downloadable app which you can have in your iPad, iPhone, tablet and smartphones.
- Kashoo is a cloud-based software so it’s compatible with any web browser as long as an internet connection is in place.
- Provides you with useful resources such as an extensive video tutorial library, how-to support articles and Kashoo U, webinars and more.
- User-friendly interface that many entrepreneurs applaud.
- Inaccessible if there’s no internet connection.
- Kashoo’s mobile app doesn’t have all the features of its web-based program.
- Kashoo isn’t designed for midsize to large enterprise, unlike Xero which is good for all business types even for freelancers.
- Not the most comprehensive accounting software in the industry. It may lack features your specific business needs. Consider doing a little research to make sure it does.
- Multi-language support isn’t available.
A Quick Look Inside Kashoo
Below are three revealing screenshots of the software in action so you can get an idea of how it feels and behaves. We honestly prefer the data-presentation-style of Xero because it’s more intuitive with less visual distractions and navigation, but you may feel differently so let’s have a look.
You can see their features as well by looking at the navigational menu on the left – Upgrades, your different kinds of reports, then the add-ons if you choose or integrate any.
Then, as you would expect, when you choose a certain section it fills out and you can either choose to view the data or potentially change it depending on what you want to do. It behaves like most other accounting software in this respects, but with their own kind of presentation/user-experience.
Pretty straightforward. And the good news is with each you can give them a shot and tinker without having to hand over your credit card. On the monthly plan there’s no contract to worry about either.
Features Included in Subscription
- Bank Reconciliation
- Collaboration Tool
- Expense Tracker
- Automated Reports
- Data Security
- Single Financial Dashboard
- Mobile App Integration
The Final Verdict
So, in reality both Kashoo and Xero are great accounting software solutions for startups and entrepreneurs - put together well, packed with features, inexpensive, etc. We just prefer and use Xero because we feel it's a little easier to manage and we prefer their style of data-presentation.
Try Xero Or Try Kashoo