As a business owner, one of the most important responsibilities you have is keeping track of your business’s finances. The ability to efficiently manage your company’s finances will increase your chances of success long term.
This task however, can be quite daunting and tedious. It can even become more difficult if you have no prior knowledge and background in accounting or bookkeeping. This is where an accounting software come in.
A small business accounting software can ease your workload by helping you with your daily accounting tasks. Most accounting softwares have time-saving tools such as invoicing, billing, time tracking and expense tracking features which will save you a tremendous amount of time depending on the type of business you run.
Here are 5 of our top choices of accounting softwares to assist you in managing your Alabama small business finances.
There are over 5 million FreshBooks users worldwide and this alone speaks volumes about the accounting software. FreshBooks is highly recommended by many business owners because of its comprehensive features and budget friendly prices.
Some of its most notable features are:
- Modern, easy-to-use and intuitive interface which beginners can use.
- Has an invoicing tools that allows you to make any type of invoices according to your needs, customize them and send them in as fast as one click.
- Payment history feature which both you and your clients can access and view to monitor your payment transactions.
- You can secure and organize all your business expense records through the software’s tracking tool.
You can see more of the software’s features through our FreshBooks review or checking out their website at FreshBooks.com.
Xero is another great accounting software, and definitely one of the most popular on the market. Aside from its awesome features, it also has very affordable prices with its plans offers for as low as $6.30 every month.
Its most practical features are:
- Designed for small business owners, freelancers, accountants, bookkeepers and business professionals – anybody can literally use the software.
- Convert your files from QuickBooks to Xero through its free conversion feature.
- If you need to incorporate another business application into your existing account, you can do so because Xero allows the integration of over 400 third party applications.
- Offers a 30 day free trial so you can try their services without paying a dime.
For the software’s complete features, check out our comprehensive Xero review. Plus, you can also visit Xero.com to sign up for your 30 day free trial.
3) QuickBooks Online
It’s impossible not to recognize the name QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks has established itself as one of the most experienced software and over the years it has amassed a solid following of users.
Below are some features why many business professionals are drawn to the software:
- Enables you to sync your bank account records and even your credit card transactions into your QuickBooks account.
- Allows you to check on the status of your company through generated financial reports.
- Has a multiple-user tool that allows you to give permission level individually so other members of your team or your accountant can work on your business’s finances as well.
- Offers a 50% discount if you incorporate a payroll system into your account.
For the complete details, you can read our QuickBooks review or visit QuickBooks.com.
4) Zoho Books
Zoho Books is an accounting software designed for small to mid-sized businesses, freelancers and accountants. Being a new software, Zoho Books is not as popular as Xero and QuickBooks, however, it does have solid features to run your business.
To give you a little idea of its features, below is a list of them:
- Unlimited invoices which helps you in billing your clients and getting immediate payment.
- Has a tool that allows you to manage your clients taxes and make necessary tax adjustments for your business.
- Zoho Books has a dashboard which you can view on a daily basis so you can carefully monitor the status of your business.
- Gives you the freedom to create your own accounting workflow.
Check out more about the software by reading our Zoho Books review or visiting ZohoBooks.com.
LessAccounting is part of our top choice because even if it’s a newer accounting software, it has proven its worth in the industry. LessAccounting offers a lot of accounting tool that will make your tasks so much easier.
Here’s a few of LessAccounting’s features:
- Has hundreds of templates which you can use and customize according to your own specifications.
- The only software that has a mileage tool that helps you track your work hours including those outside the office.
- Has a CRM in place to store all your contacts.
- Allows you to upload QIF and QFX files.
Read our LessAccounting review or visit LessAccounting.com for the complete information.
Wrapping up and Choosing the Best Accounting Software
There’s no law stating that it’s a requirement to have a bookkeeping system to start a small business in Alabama. However, you are legally required to monitor your business taxes.
If you’re using the best small business accounting software, you’re ensured that you’ll always be up-to-date with your taxes, especially during the tax filing period.
Aside from this, you’ll also be able to monitor your business’s expenses and keep track of your cash flow. Check each software and take advantage of their free trial, you’ll be glad you did!
Our Resource Reviews For Starting a Business